Long term anxiety and depression, Any advice?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys,

So il start simply,

for the past 3/4 months my anxiety has worsened slowly every day, to the point where now I can barely function on a day to day basis,

I struggle to eat and when I do it isn't anything healthy or nutritious as it will tend to be just a small snack.

I ahve a constant sick feeling in my stomach, on and off cold sweats, dizzyness, headaches, restlessness,

I'm extremely irritable and snap out at people quickly for nothing,

I have occasional acid reflux and an unsettled stomach.

regular palpatations, though this has been for a very long time now and I have been through many medical exams to confirm that my heart is fine and I'm in no immediate danger.

I have panic attacks though these are very few and far between (thankfully) but they usually end with me in A&E after being told everythings okay and I'm fine.

but despite all this, I can't shake the feeling there may be something physically wrong with me, though surely if this was the case it would have caused bigger problems by now.

so I guess what I really want to ask is, seriously. Can anxiety and depression cause this much? has anyone else been through anything like this or worse?

and more importantly, how do I help myself?

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

I will tell you what is going on, your lymphatic system is slowing down do too something in your diet, some type of nose neck or back injury or if your always on a phone or tablet with your neck not straight maybe your pillow or mattress try to sleep on your back never stomache, lymphatic fluid runs up your spine to the base of your skull then down what feels like the back of your throat but its not so you wont choke then into your thoracic duct, cough it down or drink something hot, dont take antihistamine cause it will dry you out more. you have to work all the thick stuff down before you go back to normal it wont be overnight, good posture and exercise.Hope that helped
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Jake. Have you been to see your doctor.. yes it is possible for anxiety to cause the symptoms you describe... most of them are caused by a surge of adrenaline ( fight or flight reflex. ) although it can be unsettling, it is totally harmless.. I wouldn't think that it had anything to do with your spine. The only fluid we swallow is saliva.... the main problem is that you begin to fear an unpleasant sensation, then unfortunately the panic causes the effects that you are feeling... please do go and see your GP, I am sure that they will be able to put your mind at rest and check you over, which will certainly help to ease yourself mind... try not to worry young man, I am sure that everything will be fine... take care, eat small portions and try to sleep well.. all the very best to you.... DEIRDRE xx
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up