Long term Anxiety issue. Balance and vision.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

Wondering if anyone relate and offer some advice please.

Has your anxiety ever been consistently that high that you feel constantly light headed, dizzy and have balance / vision problems. Sometimes just walking to the shop is a feat through challenges these sensations. I often feel either shattered or a bit manic trying to over compensate doing simple tasks.

When I stand on the spot, it feels like I have a massive lead weight pulling me down. My body just feels so heavy and like my legs are trying hold steady. Its been 2 years of this and so fed up.

My focus is nonexistent, my vision blurry. Walking feels like I am on a boat and my movements feel sluggish and uncoordinated pretty much daily.

I have pretty severe tension around my jaw and head through clenching which adds to the problem however all tests say I am 100% perfect health.

Bloods fine, pressure / sugar fine. Chest, EKG,s all perfect. Tried therapy numerous times but hasnt helped much.

I have UC and currently taking a high Prednisone dose which has magnified my panic state ten fold.

What can I do next to get back on track and just simply feel more relaxed!

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

stress and anxiety can cause your symptoms. prednisone can also contribute. how long are you on it?

MY ANXIETY GOES back to my 20s and. had all your symptoms plus more. all tests fine.

over the years i learned that you must learn how to manage anxiety and relax the brain in order for the symptoms to lessen or go away. its like any chronic condition you have to manage.

think of what in your life is causing anxiety?

heres some things I did or still do:

Counseling with a therapist who specializes in anxiety. they are great to vent to have ideas to control anxiety and help you manage whatever is causing u anxiety in life..

Meditations for anxiety, stress, sleep on you tube are great, total body relaxation, and help you re train your mind

There are great talks on anxiety on you tube also.

Eat healthy, stay hydrated, exercise if you can, even walking.

A book called Mindfulness is very popular. It teaches you a different way of thinking and how to gain control over fear, anxiety, etc.

Dont take life too seriously, which is what i did for too many years, causing more stress. laughter helps , slow down and relax your mind as much as u can. breathing meditations are great for that.

symptoms may linger at times but i ignore them. the more u focus on them, the more they stay.

hope u feel better!❤

• Posted

• Ugh yes I've had that exact light headed/dizzyness and that horrible muscle tension in my jaw area, too.
    • Both of these only lasted about 4 months for me though, probably because I started to control my anxiety better. I began seeing a therapist (which helped me greatly) and I also started meditating and practicing deep breathing exercises whenever I feel extra anxious.
    • The symptoms you describe are 100% anxiety caused. So once you learned to cope with your anxiety and relax your mind, the symptoms will go away. And I'm not talking about feeling relaxed for a day or 2, or even a week. You need to be anxiety free for an extended period of time in order for your symptoms to leave and your body to recover. Anxiety causes a great deal of damage to our nervous system and it doesn't recover easily.
    • Have you tried seeing a therapist? Practiced any deep relaxation techniques? I searched on youtube to find some and just kept trying different ones until I found ones that worked for me.
    • Also, I highly recommend this book, "Anxiety & Phobia Workbook 6th edition". It is such an easy read and it's soooo helpful!! It not only explains anxiety and why we have it, but it's very reassuring and also gives you relaxation exercises to try. I can't say enough good things about this book! After I read this I'd say my anxiety level decreased a great deal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.