Long term pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Is anyone here suffering with chronic cyclical breast pain along with breast lumps long term? I have been suffering with this for years and I'd love to know what treatments have been used and if anything fixed it?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

My mum suffers very bad with this as she has bin refer to a Brest speacals and also she has bin put on tramdol the slow releasing ones she says they help but she wants to get to the bottom of it so she see the GP all the time about it just keep on at your GP she has took about a year to get to where she is today . Xxdont give up . Xx
  • Posted

I'm 71 now but when I was in my 30s I used to have VERY sore breasts, firstly just when my period was due and then all the time. They were so bad that I couldn't take my bra off even at night and even putting my arms by my sides hurt.  At the same time I had lumpy breasts and found one very small lump on the side between my breasts but I had also found a larger lump on the other side. I saw a doctor about the little lump and it was a harmless thing cutely called a breast mouse and it was cut out there and then. At another time the larger lump had a needle put in it and a lot of stuff came out meaning it was a cyst (apparently if nothing comes out that's more worrying).  The consultant said I had "lumpy breasts" which a lot of women have and told me how to treat the very bad pain I had in them. He told me to take Evening Primrose Oil capsules but to make sure that the active ingredient called GLA (gamma linolenic acid) was important. I had to take a dose of 240mg a day, not enough woudn't work and too much would be a waste. Even if it says 1000mg of EPO, it's the GLA that's important. He said that I would have to take them for four months to flood my body with the GLA and then I should see an improvement.  I found some capsules that contained 80mg of GLA in each and could take three a day, making the 240mg.  I took them for the four months and it was miraculous, the pain that I had been having for months and months just disappeared and I've never had any pain since.  Perhaps you could find some with the right amount of GLA and try them out and if nothing happens you'll  have nicer hair, skin and nails which are just some of the benefits of taking Evening Primrose Oil.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.