long term users of citalopram, do u still have blips?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi i have been on cit for  around eight months, 

15 weeks at 20mg and then increased to 30mg.

Have been doing brilliantly up until the last week and have felt a bit off since monday, then han my first panic attack i have had for months this evening.

I have had alot going on, just moved house, on going dental work, little boy being referred for eye sight tests hubby back to work after two weeks off, and this evening is my first evening in the new house without him here. So wondering if it is just a combination of all this and im just having a blip.

Feel really gutted as being doing great and felt so positive up until now.

Amyx

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I think we all have blips I have been fine for nearly 5 years an now am suffering really bad again have been off work for nearly 3 months and the thought of going back is so scary think it's something that can rear its ugly head at any times of stress and sounds like u have had a lot of it .... Keep positive tho hope u feel better soon x
  • Posted

Hi,

I have been on them for years, its not a miracle cure, i still have bad weeks certain times of the year, or when i am particulary stressed, all i know is as much as a battle it is at the time keep telling yourself its just a bad week and you WILL get through it, i myself am moving house, have family problems etc., and like anyone you feel bad, i personally think as we have experienced life with having to take tablets we blame every feeling on the thought , oh god am i going down again. xx work with it, its bloody hard but you will get through it.

• Posted

Hi Amy... I would be surprised if you didn't feel anxious with that lot going on!!!..even the tablets have their limits!..I can remember feeling terrible when I moved and anything to do with children's health sends me in a spin!!...try and carry on and not worry about the panic attack,easy to say I know!..but I think you've had quite a normal reaction to all that's going on!..as your tablets have been working well I m sure they will again!.. Best wishes x
    • Posted

Hi helen

thanks for your reply.

Anything to do with my childrens health sends me in a tizz in particular my son. And i really shouldnt be surprised about his eyes as i used to wear glasses and my hubby is blind as a bat without his glasses on! 

I do find it hard to accept blips do happen and i just need to accept it and move on from it.

How long have you been on cit for?

Amyx

• Posted

Hi

I've taken these for 15 years and they helped me to recover.  Yes you do get blips, and just general stressful things in life will probably make you feel a bit out of sorts.  I wouldn't worry as it's not back to stay, but treat it with acceptance that the stressful events of late have made you feel a bit off, and it'll pass.  Being in a new house, new surroundings can definitely make you feel different.

When your well, blips can happen out of the blue for no reason at times, and probably the stress has simply made it happen.  It'll go ..... just get back to a routine, bide your time and the medication will sort you out.

K xx

• Posted

Well today has been  hard my sister lent me a mindfullness cd which i listened to last night and it sent me into a really deep sleep. 

woke this morning and thought ok i dont feel to bad then it all came back to me about the panic attack so have spent the day very up and down experiencing the sicky tummy feeling and shakyyness. However i have got through the day so far without a panic attack.

I think because i had a run of feeling so great it shocked me to suddenly experience a blip.

Glad to know people do experience blips even when they have been on meds for a while.

I totally understand it is normal to feel anxious / stressed in certain situations i just always feel that my anxiety is going to get out of control.

Thank u all for your encouragement and hears to hoping it is just a blip and will pass

amyx

• Posted

That's just a big list of stress and worry, it would have taken it's toll on anyone. I'd mention to your doctor that you've been under inreased stress. You've really just past the 3 month mark so you should feel the affects and cope better. Eating and exercise are important too. I've been taking 40mg for six years
    • Posted

Im actually 8 months in which is why i was asking if people still experience blips when on it long term.

I am feeling a bit calmer this morning and now thinking it is just a blip and it will pass 

And that life is always plain sailing its normal to have ups and downs

• Posted

Isnt always plain sailing i meant to say!
  • Posted

Yes the world does not stop turning esp when we are in crisis.  A horrible feeling when you feel youve taken a step back but remember you are still going to have good days and bad.  Sounds like you have had huge amounts on you plate latley and even your hubby gone can be emotional, at least you have him that is really great.  I have divorced after 22yrs due to domestic violence just could not take anymore, but he was all i knew and im lost so lost.  Suicidal thoughts, feeling i dont belong here.  Try not to look into the reasons why i feel this way today just one day at a time is all you can do. and dont be hard on your self, dont beat your self up, i try not to but it's hard.  hope you start to feel better darl, and all the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.