Long thin hard bump on lower left shaft.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Since my early to mid teens I’ve had a long thin hard bump on the lower left, right where the scrotum and shaft connect.  It is never given me many problems or hurt, until recently has become inflamed.  In the past it would get swollen sometimes but never caused any discomfort and I could squeeze it and get a small amount of pus.  I know Self doctoring is not a good option generally but usually for something like this I would get a needle or something to remove the ingrown hair but to no avail this time. I’ve tried quite a few times over the years and have never been able to remove or even find a hair. I believe it is something else. Now it hurts quite a bit and bleeds and leaks puss when I squeeze it. What do you think?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi steelman,

From what you describe, it does sound to me like a particularly large and possibly ingrown pubic hair. Would certainly fit if it was a new hairgrowth which occurred in your early to mid teens and never saw the light of day. Plus, if it started all the way back then it could be pretty long and pretty deep by now. Personally, I'd see a doctor to get cream to relieve infection and to schedule a removal. I wouldn't poke around myself with needles - too many veins around that particularly important area of the body 😱. I may be wrong, and I'm no professional but those are my thoughts, for what they're worth worth smile

Best wishes

• Posted

Infected ingrown hair*^

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.