Long time no speak!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all, sorry I've been off line for ages, no excuse really just been enjoying my time at home smile Hope everyone is doing well and are recovering well from your surgeries xx

I'm now at 14 weeks post op, I've had a few problems along the way, firstly with a watery straw coloured discharge that I had to be referred back to the surgeon with. He sent me for a scan, by the time I got the appointment through the discharge had stopped, but they found two large cysts, I'd never had cysts before! I then had a bit of an anxious wait to go back to see the surgeon, when I did go he told me the sonographer had got it wrong and that actually I have a resolving hematoma, I now have to go for another scan on 21st May to make sure that it is actually resolving/shrinking, fingers crossed that it is otherwise it could be some sort of intevention.

On a more positive note I am finally going back to work on Monday!! Yay!! I am not going to my normal job as it is far too physical so I have been redeployed into a office position for a while. Not sure yet what my hours wil be after next week but they WILL be a phased return, next week I am only working thrre days for three hours on each day with a day off inbetween each working day smile xx

3 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

thank you for your support and telling me off! Lol. I do wish my work had been supportive, i ve received notjing at all from them, my boss phoned me last week and said "Your note runs out on the 18th May but you dont see your gyno until 20th so go to docs and ask him for a note to cover you for 2 days, if he gives you one for say 3 weeks well you can just come back and sign yourself off!!!!"

I can honestly say i do not want to go back there at all because i know if i have 12 weeks off she is going to be so funny with me. Shes never had any surgery at all, never even had an anaesthetic so has got no sympathy of any kind.

My hubby is adamant i won't be going back yet but i am worried that the doctor wont give me a sick note when my 6 weeks are up. My stomach is still pulling when i'm moving around and then above the 'cut' it swells and feels tight. Is this normal? 

• Posted

I know how you feel, I was worried that my GP would not give me any more time aftrer the initial 6 weeks either but she was totally the oppersite. As far as she is concerned 12 weeks is the absolute minimum after any kind of 'open surgery' there was no way she was going to allow me back before then! When you go, just tell your GP how you are (add a little if you feel you need to too!) If neccesary write yourself a little list over the few days before, things such as groin pain, not sleeping, pain on walking more than around the house etc etc Good luck xxx
  • Posted

You sound like you are in good spirits and doing well despite the couple things you're dealing with. Great to hear.
    • Posted

Thank you Groky very kind words, I'm trying my best xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.