Long time solution

Posted , 2 users are following.

Apologies if I have repeated myself ( I am new to this forum ) The message I sent earlier does not seem to have appeared .

I have suffered from anxiety for 3 years and have tried meditation , anxiety books / cd,s . Also various Meds from my GP , all have worked to some degree short term but I am still suffering from the anxiety effects ( sleep problems , upset stomach , sense of dred , fatigue )

I know one size does not fit all but has anyone managed to find something that works long term ?

Or is this just a case of trying to manage as best we can

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I have also suffered for nearly 3 years have been up all the avenues CBT but have a fear of meds. And that is all the GP wants me to do but cannot take them,so I think we are the poor relations in the NHS just antidepressants so when we find a solution it will be wonderful not much help I know but at least you know you are not alone,keep posting on here I find it helps.Good Luck

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi. We all have different responses to stress/anxiety 'disorders'. I've been blighted for over 20 years. In my experience it just comes and goes. There isn't always an obvious trigger. I also have tried 'everything', but ultimately have been frustrated. I've had to come accept I'm predisposed to it.

I'm just coming up from the worst episode ever. One difference this time I was on a drug which was prescribed for a completely different condition. I realised that between doses my anxiety waxed and waned in tune. ie. I could feel the anxiety returning as each dose wore off.

So I rang my consultant's secretary and explained. To my amazement they agreed and I'm looking forward to picking up an increased dosage tomorrow. Of course this is stripped down version of events.

I must emphasise I was in a bad state, beyond what I could bare. Like you, I was averse to tablets; but when things get extreme there's no limit to what you'll try.

The drug-Pregabalin. The correct dose is hit n miss 'till it works. To me at least it's a godsend. No nasty side effects.

Recommend you do a search and see what you think.

Good luck.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Joan

Thanks for your reply , I was prescribed Citalopram by my GP but after reading the horror stories on the internet decided not to take. I am going to carry on looking for other options and have got an appointment with the primary Mental Health team , I still think that talking the issues through are my best route to a long term solution

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Chatman,

Thankyou for your reply much appreciated,I know about Dr Google on Citalopram that's my trouble if only I did not google,I would probably take something,like you I like to talk it out and if you ever want to private message please do.Take Care

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Joan

Thank you so much for your kind offer to message you . I agree talking things through has to be helpful.

Thanks again for your responses today.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Alex

Apologies I missed your reply , I am grateful for your advice , at the moment I am going to go down the talk / therapy route , but it is very beneficial to here other peoples experiences , at the end of the day I think all information is helpful. Apologies again for missing your reply

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

No need to apologise, chatman. I sincerely wish you every success.

There are people out there reading what we share. If just one of them benefits.......

Not everyone feels they can get involved, but they are all searching for answers.

My best wishes

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up