Longer Period Than Normal?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm trying not to panic about this because I'm so often inclined to worry. I'm 23 years old and I've been on my period since the 22nd/23rd of June. Maybe that doesn't seem very long to people, but my periods have been pretty regular - length-wise - the last three years. Almost all of the blood as been brown and there have been a lot of small clots. Initially, I thought it was just old blood, as my period was kind of late in June. But the flow has been light to medium but steady (to the point that I haven't even really had to wear a pad), stayed brown, and the small clots have continued to be present. I've had no cramps, which is unusual for me. There is truly no possibility that I could be pregnant. I'd really like to avoid going to the doctor (as I'm sure many would with the state of the world right now), but I have no clue what any of this could mean.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hiya. so glad ive read this as ive been exactly the same and feeling quite scared. have booked in for my smear on july 29th and hoping its nothing serious. i know i have fibroids that were diagnosed years ago but im still worried about the change.

• Posted

hiya. so glad ive read this as ive been exactly the same and feeling quite scared. have booked in for my smear on july 29th and hoping its nothing serious. i know i have fibroids that were diagnosed years ago but im still worried about the change.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.