Looking for advise

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm currently on sertraline 50m50mg. Been onit now for 5 nearly 6 weeks. And I'm struggling on the stuff. I have a anxity disorder. I was on citalopram before but on that for 21 weeks. That did nothing. The advise I was wanting. Should I switch to mitezipne or stock on sertraline. The only reason I ask is my sister swear buy mitezipne. But I'm thinking im not giving sert enough time

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello there I have been on and still on venlafaxine I was on 225 mg daily but felt that after 18 yrs on it ... it seemed to have lost a bit of its kick . I saw my p n and she put me on mirt 15 mg as well as my ven . I have reduced my ven to 110 mg and I am feeling a lot brighter I have only been on this mix for 6 weeks but I think the added mirt is helping ... I hope this helps.regard's Michael

• Posted

First of all, we each have our own unique response to medication. I too have an anxiety disorder (GAD) and have taken each of the meds you mention. My best response was to lorazapam (Ativan) but it is now difficult to obtain a long term prescription for this and similar drugs.

I now take 10mg escitalopram (Lexapro) and 30mg mirtazapine (Remeron) and feel somewhat better able to cope with situations that would normally cause extreme anxiety. One thing for sure is the mirtazapine will provide a full night's sleep if nothing else.

Best to discuss this with your Doctor.

• Posted

Thank you guys 😃 for getting back to me 😃 I'm going to the doctors in the morning . And have a full discussion with my gp. Just want to feel better and get back to work. But see what they say

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.