Looking for answers

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been getting problems since January as when I eat certain foods it get severe upset stomach and feel really sick and can't get off the toilet, and get stomach cramps and feel awful. I have really watched what I have ate for months now and I can barely eat anything workout getting pain in the centre and left side just under my ribs I get it sometimes on my rite side to which spreads rite across my back and I feel pressure in my chest and like a fullness sensation and cramping I have also started getting really bad gurgling after eating and really bad gas and have to burp to relieve the pain a bit and I feel sick 9 times out of 10 and have a vile taste in my mouth all the time with like acid taste. I went on holiday 2 weeks ago and had to come home after one day as the pain was so bad and I was admitted to hospital for tests. They done a scope and a ct scan but said nothing has shown up but I spoke to other people in the hospital who have been diagnosed with gallstones and said they have the same symptoms. Some people say you sometimes need an mri scan to show them up but they refused me one of them and basically sent me home with pain killers. I'm at my wits end as I have been off work for a week and my boss asked me if the think it's psychological seen as they never found nothing. I find I'm getting bad anxiety with this now as it's the not knowing what's wrong that's bothering me. Does anyone else have this problem?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I would get an ultrasound. And also a HIDA scan, that will show how your gallbladder is functioning. In my case all tests were normal except for HIDA I had no stones but non functioning gallbladder. I had mine taken out, I had to as my daily pain was severe and I was getting low grade fever. It can be sign of much larger digestive problem though what you are experiencing, I also have gastritis which is harder for me to control. I have to stick to a very low fat, non dairy diet. 
    • Posted

You defiantly need a 2nd opinion.

I went 3 times to my Drs and each time got fobbed off !

They eventually sent me for a scan which showed my gallbladder was full to bursting with gallstones .

If left they can become infected which my surgeon told me mine had been when he removed it.

Keep pushing until you have answers .

Good luck and hope you get an answer soon .

• Posted

I got an ultrasound months ago and nothing showed up with that either but I have got worse since then. I don't know what an hida scan is but will ask my doctor about it. I'm waiting on an outpatient appointment but that can take long enough. Thank you for answering me.

• Posted

It's like my doctors just don't listen and fob you off with all different excuses. They tried to say I have acid reflux but I don't get heartburn and then it was irritable bowel tried stuff for that but that didn't work either. I have been turned away from a&e when the pain was really bad as they said I had to wait as I was under investigation from my doctor, which wasn't doing nothing. I'm now waiting on an outpatient appointment which can take long enough. It's like they just fob you off until they have to do something about it. Thanks for replying to me.

• Posted

Hida scan , ultrasound or abdomen MRI with contrast they'll show what's wrong.

In the absolute misery you are now go and pay private ,don't wait.

Are you in the UK ?

• Posted

Yes I am in the UK, if I had the money to go private I would do but I think it's really expensive. Before I got admitted to the hospital I was told told back in May that I had to wait 25 weeks for a scope and my friend phoned to see how much it would be to get it done private and they said it can cost up to £3000 so I think an mri would be more than that. Thank you for your reply.

• Posted

Hi Nicola , I'm sorry to hear that , I find it hard to believe that a scan is 3000pounds at a private practice . Here in New York you can (private practice ) have an ultrasound starting at $150 , MRI starting at $450 and CT scan starting at $250 , you do need a DR RX for it , but in Chinatown you can pick a DR for a $150 first visit and $ 70 subsequently ( my DR for example ).

By your name if you're Italian go to Roma it's much cheaper.

And another suggestion is that many europeans are going to Croatia , Bosnia , Albania and nearby countries to get quality healthcare for a fraction of the price ,and they also provide lodging , make a research.....

• Posted

UK health care is the pits but if your lucky you can find real help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.