looking for Help - Loss of taste

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the last several months I have been unable to taste anything.  I constantly have a somewhat "sour" taste in my mouth.  I can smell things just fine.  I have absolutely no other symptoms. I have had an MRI and it was negative for any lesions or growths.   Has anyone had this problem and what if any solutions did you find?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

Did you have any dental work done recentlyor just before you noticed the change?

My husband had a filling done September of 2014 and hasn't been able to taste anything since. Most Drs. shake their heads and look perplexed. Look up Lingual Nerve damage if this is the case. There are certain protocols you should do sooner rather than later for any chance of recovery.

Good luck! 

• Posted

No, I did not have any dental work performed prior to the loss of taste.
  • Posted

My Dad lost his sense of taste and smell after a head injury. 

It d finitely sounds like nerve damage and needs to be investigated.

I have complications following a tooth extraction of a left upper molar  in December 2017 and this has left me with a weird sensation in the left side of my mouth and it’s driving me nuts!

Good luck with your plight in finding a solution to your problem. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.