Headaches

Tight feeling in head

Drowzy

Anxious 

Nausea

Dizzy

Bad dreams

Bad taste in mouth

Guys please can someone tell me when these side effects will at least improve. Im trying my best to hang on in there but feel like giving up. 

Thank you xxx

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes these are pretty much standard side effects they gradually wear off over a few weeks. Try to stick with it they will benefit you

Take care

• Posted

Do you know how long they usually take to pass xxx
    • Posted

It took me around 11 weeks for worse side effects to go, i still get bad 'yawning' episodes but i have benefited greatly from taking them. Try not to focus on how many side effects you feel bad with each day, focus on how much better you will feel, take everyday as it comes

• Posted

Wow 11 wks is a long time. What dose do u take? Xxx
  • Posted

Hi Star 

For me it was the worst until week four - couldn't sleep, eat etc - you name it I had it. Lost 12kg in three weeks. Post this each week got slightly easier. And from about week 8 I was capable of working (just). 

Post this, the meds really helped me. I had a massive breakdown prior and couldn't sleep. Now, 8 months on I'm just weaning off - down to about 7.5mg daily now and feeling great. I don't take any sleeping meds (and I was on everything prior) and generally I'm really happy. 

If anyone had told me this at week 2 I would have thought they were joking - I was pretty crazy. 

Anyway, hang in there. I know exactly how tough it is - the next couple of weeks prob won't be too much fun, but it does get better and most importantly it passes with time - it's not permanent. Cheers Craig 

• Posted

Craig can i ask what dose you were taking please? Im only taking 10mg and hoping this works as i dont want to increase xxx
    • Posted

Hi Star, I was on 20mg daily from day one. Never upped my dose. People with more experience than me often say not to move you dose within 12 weeks, as it takes at least that long to understand how it's going to settle in your system. I wished I started on a lower dose. 

Hang in there the SE do go, then you get some new ones i.e. I randomly got really sore joints for two days - felt like I was 80. These like all the others pass with time and they seen to get easier. 

For me when I let go a bit, the SE passed faster. The more I became focused on them the bigger they seemed to become - that's how anxiety works though...

Hang in there, as I mentioned previously I couldn't function prior to going on the meds and post the SE passing everything became much easier. Now I'm on the way off and all going  really really well.

Take care, cheers Craig  

• Posted

Thankyou craig i feel asif i have seen some improvement today. It would be good if the 10mg works and i do t have to increase xxx
  • Posted

I had severe sideffects as well such as lumb I'm throat which really hurt. Loss of appetite, ate 7 days almost nothing. Sever saliva after med intake.. that all came down after approx. 8-9 days.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi canadaKat im on day 8 today so if my side effects started to go that would be amazing. Thankyou for your help xxx
    • Posted

Fingers are crossed that you feel better soon. Don't give up even if it's tireing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.