Looking for in-house depression rehabilitation centre.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have suffered from depression for 3 years. I'm now having sucidal thoughts over the past 3 weeks. I'm looking for an impatient mental health rehab centre. There are a few I've found just searching online but I don't want to get ripped off, or not the best help possible. Please help, if anyone has any recommendations!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Am I correct you are not in the UK

If in the UK try MIND they have offices throughout the UK

iF you are suicidle and feel at risk phone up the NHS Helpline on 111 and explain your fears. You can actually call the Crisis Team and explain you are suicidal.they will arrange support.

Also talk to your GP.

If patients are in real danger they can ask to be placed in safety. This is a VOLUNTARY SECTION and this can be undertaken from most above

• Posted

Have you had a blood work to see if your depression and suicidal ideation might be from an autoimmune disease first? I had depression sucidal thouhgt my whole life not until they told me to stop eating gluten did I get better.  Ask to be tested for celiacs, and other autoimmune diseases.  I also had food allergies that made me moody.  Maybe you could also do a food journal.  Do you get expercise?  Getting out every day for a brisk walk (if you are physically able) is an amaing medicine.  Take it even if it is just ahalf block, do it fast and get winded.  It feels amazing!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.