Looking for much needed help.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I used to live a normal life. Until about a month ago after being deferred from one of my top colleges hit my and things turned for the worst with the whole day of being depressed. The next day after the deferral I went to go see the Tree in New York City and came back home in the weirdest state of mind I've ever encountered. Everything around me didnt seem real and I was scared....yes scared, of the fact that I was living. In other words I had a whole view of distorted reality towards people and everything around me.

Here I am a month later. I have been to several therapy sessions with a psychologist and i have improved but not much. Im just here for answers. I have no clue what this phobia (if it is one) is and what I'm thinking. Sometimes I just feel that the walls are closing in on me and im weirded and scared of the fact of reality. It just doesnt make sense anymore, this isnt normal. Like why n the world am I getting these twisted stomach feelings of scariness and basically getting new panic attacks.

Bottom line is I want to go back to my old self and I need answers on how to and what exactly I am dealing with here. I would do anything to go back to my old self and not have these thoughts that scare me of my own family and friends and have a distorted view of reality. Any help is well appreciated

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Well being depressed, our minds get bombarded with negative thoughts. Yes, even though they are lies we take them as truth.  We tend to get stuck in negative thinking, and thus get more depressed.  Since you are seeing a psychiatrist have they tried CBT congnitive behavioral therapy?  There several twisted types of thinking we do while depressed.  Like looking at things in black or white.  Like say since you have been deferred from your from top colleges, you tell yourself ONLY bad things seem to happen to me.  Well that be that good things never happen to you? That would be a lie your telling yourself, because I am sure there are some your depression or state of mind, focus is on the negative.  There are several others, look up CBT online.  There are plenty of free sites that over free info to this.  Try to look at this as a minor set back, not a lose of your whole life.  Good luck
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Rob,

You have no idea how much I could relate to what you are saying...

I feel the same thing... I started having really bad Anxiety about four months ago, awful symptoms and thoughts.

I am constantly fighting them all, but there is such little progress it doesn't feel enough..

I still feel like a stranger in my body, living my life. I don't even remember what feeling like myself is like anymore... It's like I need someone to push me back on to the ground. Everything just passes me like a blur.

I wish you the best and if you ever need to talk I would love to help.

smile

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I find it best when I am not fighting the anxiety. I see it as accepting it, and pushing through. Think of you anxieties as something that are being told you can't do.  Find the courage in yourself, and tell you self I am telling myself I can do this.  Just do it, and you gain courage everytime you do.  I don't mean if you have fear of heights go climb the biggest building and sit at the top.  Sometimes we have to find courage in little things we do, that we tell ourselves that we can't do.  Remember that you will look back at what you feared in years, and laugh that you even had those fears.  These are temporary feelings and thoughts, and don't have to rule you life!
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up