Looking for non opiod pain meds

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys I'm wanting some advice on alternative pain meds, iv been on a whole list of them with not good results, mostly opioids! Iv tried amitripilyn, oxycodone, dihydracodine, fentalyn, MSD, morphine...

I have lumbar fussion, thoracic arachnoid cyst compressing spinal cord, cervical degeneration, bone spurs, lordosis, multi level bulging discs, muscle spasm and so on, so the last meds I took where tapentadol/palexia for 2 yrs and decided to come off them late last year and it was hell, now I'm still suffering chronic pain and can't take anymore and was wandering if there was a good painkiller non opiod based that I could take when it gets to much, I take co dydamol at the mo but only 1-2 per week when it's bad but have noticed that when I take them I get awful withdrawal pains🤔 And diazapam when needed for muscle spasms and Celebrex

I heard nefopam is good but heard there off the market now? I don't want to take anything that will give me withdrawals, not goin back down that road again, thanks 😊

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yikes. You are going through some hard things. As a fellow chronic pain warrior I know that is it important to get some periods of relief from your pain. I find if I don't I begin to get hopeless and down on things. Pain is a complex beast.

Every patient is different but tramadol works good most of the time for me. It actually is the only pain medication I have taken that doesn't make me sleepy. There are issues with all medications though.

I also use a tens unit with helps distract me from the pain. Ice packs help when the pain feels like fire. Movement helps to some degree at times. Also some muscle relaxers help at night and make sleeping a little easier.

I hope you are feeling better!

• Posted

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I actually can't remember posting it but I think it's because my pain levels have hit the roof. I do the tens, ice, heat...but i just want to have some good days and find at the moment it's minute by minute and I'm so exhausted with it all. Iv actually just been in for cortisone injections in my lumbar today but I still have to deal with the upper back and neck pain. Will just have to plod on fir now, thank you and I hope your getting some peace as well 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.