Looking for others similar to discuss with doing well with anxiety but experiencing new things..

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just want to share my expericence and see others points of view.

Right first ill tell you my history with anxiety. Around 18-20 years old i started worrying about my heart and would get extreme pins and needles down my arms which led to my first panic attack. I wasn't dieing from heart problems i was fine. I got over it... for a while.

Instead of nipping this health anxiety problem in the bud i started to develop bad habits (because i didn't actually know i had anxiety).

I would monitor my body for pains and aches, prod my stomach, check my testicles daily, feel around my neck and head. Expecting to catch a disease early from fear of getting ill. Started to eat healthier, no drinking or anything, loads of exercise and try to keep from spending too much time on the computer.

I'm 24 now and just before christmas i finally got told my problem is anxiety and i do believe i've come a long way. I don't prod and try to self diagnose. I no longer worry about palpitations and they do come less often as well. CBT did help and i think i need to go back for more i'm not sure. I try to truly believe what the doctors tell me and this has also helped.

Right the new symptoms which i'm sure are anxiety but i want others views on it because i quite like seeing what others think, not asking for a diagnosis.

I'll sit still and either focus or think too hard, i will start to feel that similar detached feeling you can get but i'll suddenly snap back in and feel like im losing balance for going dizzy or something but its like a quick 1-2 second time frame then occasionally i'll get a big rush of anxiety/adrenaline with it right after.

I'll couple this feeling on top of pressure around my head (probably muscle tension or something) i'm almost certainly making these symptoms myself.

I'll sit there waiting for other things to happen and worry but this feeling can repeat itself and its such an odd sensation.

I'm sure most of this is spending too much time inside my own head and need to focus on things outside my body but as most of you will know its hard to acheive that.

I've got quite a lot of experience with anxiety now and can recognise things going on and can actually stop myself everytime from panicking when i feel myself losing control (so far).

Compared to others on here i count myself lucky because i can have multiple days in a row completely happy and then days when im affected it usually only consumes a few hours of horrible feeling.

Thanks to anyone who read this first long post and i'm interested in your views, thank you.

1 like, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi MrGreen, I also get the odd pressure sensation in my head caused by anxiety, u feel like u need to fidget or run to get away from it. Very uncomfortable if ur in a meeting or something & need to sit still. My arms also become rigid lol & struggle to type or write. I've started to tell work colleagues bout my anxiety & also try & laugh at some of the weird symptoms that's the only way I can cope.

Try not to dwell or worry bout the symptoms it's just all caused by adrenalin & other stress hormones running through your body.

Keep on getting out & enjoying life let the anxiety tag along if it needs too ☺️

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks, not happy you have it but happy to know i'm not the only one in a way. Do you find it will spike again after you do something to take your mind of it? Usually levels off after that.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I've had acute symptoms for a few weeks now, like its simmering in the background all the time, the nerves in my body are so sensitive at the moment that even someone opening a can of diet coke can cause me to tremble lol. I know what u mean though u start to think u feel a bit better n that u've managed to distract yourself from it then big hot surge of adrenalin shoots through u

Just need to up the gaviscone & take some meds if u really need to 😂

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hello mr green i ve had anxiety since i lost my grandma too years ago but 2 weeks ago i lost a close friend of mine but i dont what to do now and also i havent had any sleep for 2 days and i havent eaten for 3 days
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Sorry to read that. I can't really relate to how you must feel because mine isn't caused by the loss of anyone so i havn't got any added grief but what i do know is thats really not the way to deal with it.

CBT really does help and I also found that being really open about your anxiety/thoughts to family and friends is a good start. Like brendababy has said trying to trivialise the sensations by maybe having a bit of a joke to rise above it and focus on not letting it control you so you can move on with your own life helps substantially.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Also try to eat even if you don't feel hungry, that can cause all sorts of sensations. One big thing that works for me is not just doing activities but planning them and thinking about the details of it. It gives you something better to think about and keep your mind on.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

yh it does

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Mr green.thax for your input into anxiety.this howl net thing is new so please bear with me.

I'm 34 an have had anxiety all most all of my life but have really suffered this last 2years badly and only now I stopped living in denial. I'm seeing my first Pshychtris in 30 days and its amazing that it took me so long to get help.

Just like u I wondered if my heart was ok.that was my first real symptom in a RealY long list of symptoms.its also amazing to me how bad the physical symptoms can get when u allow your mind to run!

Thanx for everyone's opinion. I'm glad I have people to took to for the first time Eva.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up