Looking for support

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

Having another bad morning and feeling low and hopeless. I'm still struggling with depression, anxiety, nausea and the shakes. I'm only at a little over 3 weeks and know I have a ways to go but I just want to cry all the time. I'm getting irritated by simple things and grumpy with my family. I don't feel like me at all. I'm so tired. Waking up earlier and earlier it seems. My heart is breaking, I'm just so sad.

Please give me some hope.

Laurie

3 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I hate being like this. It's been 7 months. I feel terribly for my family having to deal with this yet again. 

• Posted

Hi Laurie,

Sorry to hear your so down. What are you taking, meds wise.

I was taking sertraline for my depression but it pushed my anxiety levels right up. I now take fluoxetine and it has helped a lot.

Mike

• Posted

Hi Mike,

I was asking 20mg Prozac and just upped it to 30mg this morning. I'm having bad depression and my anxiety, nausea and the shakes are building again. I had a couple of days where the anxiety, nausea and shakes were better but the depression was still there. I don't know if that is normal or not. I'm so scared of not getting better. I'm so sad and cry so easily. I just feel like my heart is broken and I have no interest or desire for life.

• Posted

Keep going Laurie - many have been where you are before - and many will be where you are now, in the future.

You'll make it! 

You're not alone, 'call upon The Lord whilst He is near, seek Him whilst He may be found'.

Best wishes.

• Posted

Hi Laurie, I can empathise with you as I feel the same.

Just in the middle of some time off sick and I have never felt as low in my life, I am off with anxiety and depression.

Just feel like I want to stay in bed in the morning as the day is too much anxiety time for me to handle right now.

I have been and am suffering with depersonalization where nothing seems real, its like I am living in a dream and out of touch with my normal senses and emotion, it happened after dad passed away after three years suffering cancer. I have had chronic anxiety since he was diagnosed and after he passed (6years)

I feel weepy and low and a let down to my wife and family because I am like this.

My wife is really supportive but I still feel like I am robbing her of a happier day.

I started therapy with a psycotherapist last week to try to sort the depersonalization out once and for all and am also on prescription meds..

• Posted

How are you doing? How is the therapy going?

I too feel weepy everyday. 

You are very lucky to have your wife be so supportive. You are worth it.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi Laurie,

I have now had two therapy sessions 1-1 with a psycotherapist, its tough opening up to someone you dont even know but she is really good and has already diagnosed me as having Post Traumatic Stress Disorder due to some of the traumatic things I witnessed during my Dads decline and subsequent passing away that I found impossible to process at the time and still have flashbacks about three years later.

My Sertraline dose has been tripled from 50mg to 150mg and my sleep patterns are all over the place, its now 3:45am and Im wide awake.

I have also had a lot of panic attacks and dropped almost a stone in a few weeks as I dont have much appitite because of the Sert but still enjoy excersise like long walks and gardening, I was not overweight to start with so Ill have to try harder with the eating bit.

How are you keeping?

• Posted

I'm glad you like your therapist and I hope the sertreline settles in soon.

Im having terrible anxiety, nausea and the shakes today. I just don't want to go on like this anymore.

• Posted

I have really bad anxiety, shakes and feeling sick today too, just made the effortvand popped over to Hobbycraft for something to occupy my mind nearly passed out 3x, panting to not faint.

Anxiety really is a pain and life changing isnt it...

I remember when I was 18 and didnt have a care in the world, didnt worry about anything or anyone , its like life events add extra layers of anxiety until you cant take any more..

• Posted

I gave in and just took 1mg clonazepam. I have to drive to an appointment soon and I can't drive safely in this state.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.