Loose Kneecap

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had a PKR 9 weeks ago - my mobility has improved dramatically - however I think that my kneecap is now loose - when lying in bed, if I put any weight on to my left knee - I can feel a definite "sideways" movement in my kneecap

Is this normal or should I be concerned ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

No experience of this myself, and would suggest getting appointment with Consultant/Surgeon to have it checked.

All the best

• Posted

TKR 2 years ago and I still can't put any weight on my knee, not even on the bed. but it doesn't bother me to stand on it all day. and if it feels like it's slipping sideways I'd call the Dr, good luck

• Posted

Good evening, I would definitely be concerned. Call your dr and make n appt, because when I would go in to my therapist or my dr, they would move my knee cap to see if it's better. Mine didn't move!! So if something is not feeling right, yea I would ae my dr. That's why they always told me, if I don't feel something is right, call them!!

• Posted

Hi,

Your knee caps do normal have some movement to them. If they didn't you wouldn't be able to bend your knees. If this really bothers you, though, then I'd make an appointment to see the doctor. Just to put your mind at ease.

Your knee caps will move up, down and side to side. Try it on your good knee and see for yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.