Loosing everybody

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi just wondered and I am not being flippant , is or has anybody else lost friendships, partners, siblings because of this overwhelming anxiety and depression , I have spend years trying to tell people close to me that I can't cope with certain things like make it to appointments , go out socially , go to get my roots done in the hairdresser incase I leave with dye on my head which I did once , laugh and joke when they want me to , or I just want to be left alone to try to get well so I can do what people want me to if I don't do these things everybody literally has got rid of me well it seems that way , I hope you can spare the time to read this and hope it makes sense because I am at my lowest and need a lifeline ..

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hey I feel the same as you, anxiety and the depression that goes along with it can be very isolating but what doesn't help is that people aren't always understanding that we can't always do things that other people can or it takes a bit more time for us to get out there, all I can say is those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind, you aren't alone and it will get better, at the moment your health is more important and friendships will come and go but you will continue to get stronger smile
  • Posted

hi I have found that some people when they know  about any mental illness distance them selves from an individual because they fear what they do  not understand  and some times do not want to understand  even discriminate against. I  have had this problem with my mum and sister but also friends and work colleagues .but I always try to be true to myself.
  • Posted

Ill be your friend 🙂 fortunately for me my family understands. I do keep in touch with my friends just enough to not seem like i avoid them. I think if someone isnt understanding and pushes you aside then they have an issue of their own.
    • Posted

Thank you Ebone that is so kind of you , it must be lovely to have family that understand, just knowing they understand would give me some kind of incentive  sorry my reply that's taken so long ...

• Posted

Heyy Mona.. The thing that you should know for sure, is that you're not alone. Millions and millions of people in the world are going theough the same thing you're going through.

Whatever happens, you have us (people like you :D) who are going through this experience which will be over sooner or later.

Have you tried therapy/medication? This stuff actually works Mona. You can truly get your life back!!

• Posted

Hi to all that answered me, I'm so sorry I never replied, that's how bad I feel, that I completely forgot I even wrote this  , thank you Husam strangely this is the route I've gone , I have a cpn calling round about once a month, she got a lady out that gave me an interview for cognitive therapy, 3 weeks later I have a letter to say I'm excepted but a 9 month waiting list.......thank you for your reply again I do hope you are well ..

• Posted

Hi Mona.

I have broken ties with some due to them finding out about my diagnosis.Tho my my new psych has pretty much said i don't suffer with what i was originally diagnosed as,he won't say original one was wrong, but the damage with some has been done. They gave me a wide berth, now i do. I found out they think i will get them before they get me syndrome.THEY ARE IGNORANT IDIOTS AND NOT WORTH KNOWING.

I have still got some friends that have not judged me, and leave me to fight my fight and if i meet up with them, great if not that's fine too. i still see them, though not as regular as i used to, they to me are friends and the others were never friends.

Some i have just dropped & some have dropped me.

I agree with chantelleb that those who make an issue out of it don't matter.

Depression is a very isolating illness and anxiety is too.both will ruin your life if you don't find a way out or get it under control.Remember there is a way out you just have to keep battling on and DON'T GIVE UP ON YOURSELF when others have.

I have more good days now than bad but after 22 years when i have a good day, i make sure i enjoy it.

Keeping busy is a must so as you occupy your mind.I know sometimes easier said than done.

Remember It's not your fault and as you already know it takes a lot of energy and mental thought just to keep going, but it does get better you just have to fight fight fight. i'm sure you will get results.

Keep talking.

Hoping for you.

Everyone is here for you.

you are not alone.

Regards.

YOD.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.