Loosing it

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi have posted quite a bit sorry I just want abit of reassurance that's all,,,about 2 hours ago I started with a bad headache well not so much a headache but more like pressure I got myself all worked up and ended up having a Severe panick attack Numb arms shaky legs felt sick I wanted a ambulance I felt that bad is this normal?? I have had panick attacks before but this was a really bad one I thought I was going to die sorry I suppose I'm just scared anxiety is really taking over

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Totally normal.. I always get the classic "feeling of doom" during my bad panic attacks.. The other night it got so bad mentally that I felt like I needed to get to a hospital immediately, but had no idea why.. Just let it go as best as you can. It sometimes helps if you splash some cold water on your face and neck during an attack. Kind of snaps you out of it a bit.

• Posted

Hello anxietysite

People who feel that feeling of Doom generally are generally after or during a heart attack.

Would look into that. Yes I suffer anxiety as well

BOB

• Posted

Absolutely normal although I know how horrible and scary it can be when it happens, I am going through a very rough time with anxiety and panic at the moment and get all of those symptoms, I have been fortunate enough not to have suffered much health anxiety in recent years and have been able to accept that what I feel is truly anxiety but even I get scared at times.

It really is anxiety though, the adrenaline causes all of those horrible and frightening symptoms, you are not alone x

• Posted

Thank you it's nice reassurance to kno I'm not alone and that other people are going through it I feel for three people going through it because it's awful xx

• Posted

Hello Kirsty

This looks like a bad anxiety attack and if it is so severe you are best to talk to your GP where your Doctor can put your mind at rest and further reduce your concerns.

You need reassurence, go for that appointment and get some medications and tests

BOB

• Posted

Hi Kirsty, as you know anxiety and panic disorder are two separate things. Usually with anxiety, you can pinpoint what is making you anxious. But a panic attack can come out of the blue, with nothing actually going on at that moment that may correspond to that reaction. There are meds that can treat anxiety, but there is nothing as far as medication that will prevent a panic attack. Still, having your anxiety under control MAY decrease panic attacks. so there is hope. With my anxiety "sort of" controlled with meds, I have not had a true panic attack in well over two years. Therapy and medication has helped a lot! I used to just get this "fight or flight" feeling, plus breathlessness and a feeling that there was no air to breathe, and "jelly legs"...and wherever I was, I just had to get out of there, and to a safe place (the place where I was could have been perfectly safe....but usually it was people there that would amp up my anxiety). We all experience panic attacks differently. Feeling doom or that you're going to die is very scary, I know. But getting your anxiety under control may help keep the panic attacks at bay. There IS hope, Kirsty....it may take a while...but a therapist that can teach you breathing exercises and other ways to cope, could be very helpful to getting things under control. Best wishes!

• Posted

Thank you Hun means a lot it's very scary how the mind works isn't it xx

• Posted

Thank you everyone it takes my mind of it abit when I kno other people are suffering with the same i kno I'm not alone it's a horrible illness mental illness just wish it would go away xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.