Loperiamide (?)

Posted , 3 users are following.

I take the above (sorry about the spelling).It seems lately I have to take two to even go out otherwise I am so worried about my tum starting to give me problems, wont go into details.Does anyone else lack confidence to go out.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

I feel just like you as there is no stopping it, my partner get so impatient with me as i dont want to go

out when i do i make sure i know where tollets are take co-codomal ocasionaly with parectomal.

You need to take loperiamide regulary beware it can also cause costipation,

i take manuka honey + 12 umf helps when feeling nauseas

Both sexes can also use sanitation pads to help your confidence, i do Tenna lady for peace of mind

be careful of antibiotics as it kills good bacteria this is reason why i take manuka honey,

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply. Last night out of the blue I suddenly had chronic diarrhea and sorry to be so graphic but I didnt make it to the loo.I was in a right state and I dont know about you but I get so panicky when it happens, So after a strip wash, and washing of everything that I had on below the waist , I took two Loperiamide and put on some Tenna pants and went to bed, I was even afraid to go to sleep in case it happend again.I really dont understand what triggers it.I think I will just take one in the mornings from now on and hope that keeps the 'trots' at bay.

I do hope you are feeling better. I will get some of the Manuka honey. The +12 umf, is that the honey or something else please? I will try anything that helps.

• Posted

Hi Dixie,

I know exactly what you are going through, manuka +12 is all same,

It is so scary when you attempt to go out take tablet before you leave home also sanitation in case.

Manuka honey i take get it when on offer at Holland + barret or boots, it helps with good bacteria

as antibiotics kill good bacteria to me manuka helps,

I was scared yesterday i noticed tinged with blood, i have been diagnoised with diverculatis so i am

hoping this is what it is, i am at moment having a test done for sinister cell just playing waiting game.

Another thing leave out white bread also try gluten free food also helps i find this to be a great help

we try alsorts to manage this horrible problem.

I wish you well keep pecker up P

• Posted

I will get the Manuka honey this morning when I pop out. I am hoping to feel as if I can go about 12. Good job I am retired.It is not quite so bad, but recall when I worked in a solicitors making a note immediately of where the loo was.

I do hope the blood is just a blood vessel that has burst, it happens. Take care and you keep you chin up as well.

• Posted

I have started to use Fybogel twice a day as the Pharmacist reckons this can be a great help with bulking outthe stools in the bowel. It apparently gives you more control, which is what I need. I will let you know if it does the trick.

Have you had your results back yet?

• Posted

Hi Dixie,

I hope Fybogel will help you,

I had another examination no comment made from doctor but Ulcerative Colitis is a possibilty as i am in a lot of pain which do not go untill i have no food in me.

blood test taken right away which was sent to hosp,

I have read all i can about colitis to my observation i think it is.

Bowel cancer is in my family, not been given a diagnoise yet

What i have tried is NOT too have any fluid before food only after eating this seem to have worked so far.

Take care to one and allPat

• Posted

Hi Optivita

When will your tests be back. Will it be before Christmas? I know it must be a worry but I am hoping that whatever it is , it is something that can be made better.

I too had an Aunt who died at 70 from Bowel cancer, but she went to hospital in the early days several times but she was always discharging herself and of course because of this she lost her fight.The reason I will always go and seek medical advice and adhere to it , is because of my Aunt. For the sake of a bit of uncomfortable treatment she could be alive today.She was a right laugh and such a lovely person.

When i dont eat I dont have any symptoms but I am not in pain all of the time.If I do eat before going out then I have to go to the loo every two mins so I just dont eat anymore if going out.

Take care and I hope and pray for you that you will be ok.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.