Thursday 20/07/17 2.5mg

Friday 21/07/17 2mg

Saturday 22/07/17 1.5mg

Sunday 23/07/17 1mg

Monday 24/07/17 0.5mg

Tuesday 25/07/17 0mg

Wednesday 26/07/17 0mg

Thursday 27/07/17 0mg

Does this not sound too fast? What should I expect when it coming off this fast? I've been on it since march, will I be really ill?

I suffer with anxiety which comes with severe chronic nausea which can bedridden me.

Obviously today I've taken my 3mg of lorazepam along with my emergency 10mg of diazepam. I don't feel too bad now but initially today felt horrible. Will update you as the week progresses. I hope I don't feel too unwell this week as I really don't feel ill cope . But I'm so excited to be off these medications. To be tablet free.

Im also being challenged to not take any stemitil an anti nausea tablet for 7days as part of facing my emetephobic fears.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

You can only see how you get on I suppose, if things get really bad contact your GP and do a slower taper. 
  • Posted

Just my opinion but that seems really fast.  No experience with Lorazepam but after 20 years on Xanax and Klonopin my doctor has me reducing by .125mg every two weeks.  Keep in mind the dosages are different.  I was taking 3.5mg/daily which is comparable to a higher dose of Lorazepam.  I don't know how long you were on it or your tolerance but do be careful.

• Posted

The way my body would react id taper off weekly instead of daily for sure! Give your body a chance to adapt and if all seems well after a week than cut down again. If you fell apt to it reduce and if not continue another week on the same reduction smile slowly but surely!
  • Posted

That is fast. Too fast, I think.

Ask him for 30 days of your regular dosage and then use that to taper slowly by halves every week or 10 days until you run out. You should be fine by then.

On a side note, this is why I kept a stash of a months supply of lorazepam...in case I was ever in your position.

Best wishes,

Shul

• Posted

That was an ungodly fast tapering. Good thing you can take your emergency valium. I used heroin for three years and compared that w/d with benzos......well it's a joke. I'm not trying to scare you away from the detox. I'm coming of now 25. Mgs myself now. I'm not feeling well butter keeping talking to us helps. Let's do it together. BTW my skin is crawling right now but I'm gonna do it.

• Posted

Down to two a day with no issues! Thinking I might contact my gp tomorrow and change it to reducing 0.5mg every week!

Does that sound better? Or is that still too fast?

• Posted

I think that's allot more reasonable. Glad you are keeping well. I'm praying for you.

• Posted

Contact me via email k? and let me give you some serious help a lot of people who are on here are serious and then again allot are not. Email me and I will talk and be more encouraging. I'm going through the same as you remember.?....Lets talk privately I live in South East Georgia don't know where you're at but anytime is o.k.. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Down to 2 a day, reducing to 1 is honestly a struggle. Only done it every other day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.