losing hair and i don't know why

Posted , 6 users are following.

i am 24 and in the last 3 years i have thin hair on the top of my head and especialy in the front side. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UlppV-TTULzYCv6tajnuHC7llAA-NUfQ

but i am not sure if its male-pattern hair loss cause of several reasons like the fact that i am not losing hair above the temple as in typical MPHL

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0n9_J1tbhoWVmR3aV9vaVJNMFpLM09vQTluc0NWdGZNV2pZ

and there is no complete hair loss in specific areas(its like that for at least 3 years) but a hair thining in most of the top of my head with the front side being in worse condition.

there is other conditions that can cause this other than male pattern hair loss?.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

You should probably go see a dermatologist. He or she can determine what the cause of hair loss is. And whether or not it can be treated. There are some treatments available to help restart hair growth in certain situations.
    • Posted

how would they determine what is the problem? aren't they just going to look at my hair and asking me questions?. can i just get answers over the internet? or get some general answer about what might be the problem?.

it might sound stupid but i realy don't feel comfortable with showing my hair like that to someone in real life and my hair get realy messy when i am doing this and needs to brush right after.

• Posted

It does not sound stupid to not want to show your hair/scalp except for the fact that you shouldn't feel bad at all about showing your scalp to a doctor. Only the dermatologist can determine the reason for the loss and provide you with medication to help regrow the hair. Losing hair can come from numerous sources including diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis. I really feel it's time for you to seek medical care and not rely solely on what you can get out of the internet. Take this seriously and please be careful with your health. Dr. Google is great for information but should never be your sole source of healthcare.

• Posted

There is a successful treatment for hair loss, hair fall etc. There is also a right treatment available for male pattern baldness. So, no need to worry about anything. Just for the treatment now.
  • Posted

Please consult qualified Dermatologist. He/She will definitely guide you.  Don't lose a hope.  There are so many treatments available for hair loss. Don't try self-medication. 

• Posted

There are n number of factors behind hair loss and no one can even identify every person's body's condition. But, somehow we need to consult with Doctors.

• Posted

There are so many reasons behind hair loss and it can only be detected if you consult with Doctor especially hair transplant surgeon. I know about Dr. Sangay Bhutia who has given me treatment for hair loss. 
  • Posted

There is the effective medical treatment of hair loss and they control hair loss to a great extent if taken in the early phase of hair loss. medical treatment not only controls the hair loss but also improves existing hair conditions. The main treatment of hair loss for a male is the use of minoxidil 5% in male twice a day and tablet finasteride one milligram
  • Posted

You are suffering from hair loss which is known as male pattern baldness. 
  • Posted

update: i talked to a doctor and i got prescription for propecia and minoxidil 5% and i am taking those for almost 3 weeks now. i was confused at the beginning cause of the unusual hair loss pattern i have and was affraid from it until i understood that i will just need to keep taking propecia in order to prevent the hairloss in the future and can even take "breakes" from it for few months without the hairloss returning so i feel much better now with this issue of taking a pill in at least most of the days for the rest of my life.

thanks for all the help i got here. i should have posted this update earlier.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.