Losing sleep again

Posted , 5 users are following.

Anyone else start feeling better and getting rested sleep (sleeping more then a few hours at a time) suddenly start back with night wakes again? I went back to work this week after being off for 2 weeks and finally was getting some sleep. I use calming tea and mindful relaxation to help me fall asleep. However thr last 2 nights I am feeling like either I am not ready to be back to work at 100% or maybe reevaluate my dosage. I am taking 20 mg in the morning. Wondering if taking at night would make a difference. Anyone got any experience with this?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Robin.

I did find taking them at night helped me sleep a bit better however I did have to take to other medication most nights which helped me sleep, only problem was that I took it quite often that my body got too use to them. Maybe ask your gp for advice

• Posted

Hi Robin

How long have you been taking the 20mg for?

You are doing really well returning to work after just two weeks. Did you speak with your gp before returning? The cit can take quite a while to settle down and become effective.

Wishing you a better tomorrow

Lorraine

• Posted

Lorraine, i have been on the 20 mg just over 2 weeks now. I did not speak to him aboit returning however he had only given me 21 days off when it initially started.
    • Posted

Hi Robin

It's really not long enough for the 20mg to work and be of benefit to you. I have now been on 20mg for just over three weeks prior to this was on 10mg for five weeks. I have only just started to feel better and due to return to work next wed. Really think you have not given yourself enough time to heal. Please try and get an appointment with your gp. Would love to hear how you get on as know how difficult things must be for you.

Take care

Lorraine

• Posted

Thanks Lorraine, I am going to call my gp and get in to see him for sure. Had a major melt down on my way in to work today. My son is going away for the weekend with his Father and I started having all these terrible thoughts the "what ifs" I call them. What if something happens to him while he is away etc...I know its out of my control really and that his Father will keep him safe.. but the thoughts still come. 
    • Posted

So glad your going to the doc. Please let me know how your doing. Remember you will get better but it's too soon on two weeks of cit. Take care remember to try and eat and drink plenty of fluids xxx
  • Posted

Hi Robin!

This is very much like me, granted my sleeping has been on and off. But this week after starting back to work on monday it has been terrible. I think it could be a mixture of the meds and the anxiety of starting back to work and having to get up for a certain time and be productive.

Ive considered it being my dose aswell, im on 20 mg but that has been really good for my general anxiety. I think the whole being pack to work has threw you abit and once you get back into a routine and become abit more settled it will ease.

At least thats what im hoping for myself! xxx

• Posted

Laura, I sure hope you are right that it is just the stress of going back to work I just want to be "normal" again.. ME again! I called EAP (Employee Assistance Program) here at work and will be speaking with a councellor later this afternoon.  

Hugs! Robin

• Posted

You will be! Especially if you were sleeping well last week which means you're fully capable! Put it down to a bad week because of extra stress. We will get there. You will be you again. Nothing good comes easy, remember xx
  • Posted

Also robin, i didn't realise you have only been on cit for 2 weeks! Its week 7 for me and im only jusy subtly starting to feel the benefits! Plus the sleep thing is a very common sidw effect. I am a teacherso tthankfully 2 months off in the summer to recover, and i needed every single one of those days. You need more time off work for sure xx
    • Posted

Sorry for all spelling mistakes, from the teacher lol
    • Posted

Laura,

You are so lucky that you had the summer to recoop! 

Laughing at the spelling mistakes and the fact you are a teacher.. made my day! I didn't even notice the mistakes and read it as if it was correct! haha I will see how my tele-councel session goes to see if I should call my doc tomorrow to get more time away. 

• Posted

O i know it was god send! You defo need that time to concentrate on you, remember yoy are your first priority, then family, then work. Simple. Haha, imagine the poor children that i have to teach lol

Hope everything goes well with GP, chin up! In the words of Winston Churchill , if you're walking through hell, keep going! :-) xx

• Posted

Spoke to councelor, he said i should go with what my body is telling me. Maybe going back full time was not a great plan. I will call gp tomorrow.
    • Posted

Hi Robin

Glad to hear your calling doctor tomorrow. I really wish you a peaceful night

L xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.