losing the plot on mirts ??

Posted , 10 users are following.

ive been on this forum for a while but it seems like these pills really make you lose the plot...feel like im going nuts and nothing makes sense anymore so good luck and empathy with anyone going through the same its just awful..

2 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You are 100% correct, if you want your life to turn into a nightmare just start on Mirtazapine and sooner or later you will get there. I know that tis "medicine" helps some, but from what I have read on this forum, and other sources, find something else to take if you value your peace of mind.
    • Posted

agreed david i feel like i am i a living nightmare.....worse since i started on these darn pills....walking around looking like a mad female professor....nice not!!!......think ive gone back to being a two year old just vile feeling as i know you can appreciate!!!
    • Posted

even though ive read horror stories about withdrawal think i might just cut my 30mg in half and start to take 15mg again which i could cope with and sod the consequences.......cant be doing this anymore it sucks!!!
  • Posted

Same here. Went well for a while. About 6 to 7 weeks i felt mentaly a lot better but the last week has been hell again. I do manage to get myself up and about but really find little joy in anything. My mind is playing tricks on me and i cant get out. My physical state drags me down. Due to osteoarthritis and 2 thrombosis 6 yrs ago am i very limited to do any sports. I do manage to walk a lot and do breathing exercises and stretch exercises.but the pain makes it very hard to cope and there goes mi mind again !! Vicious circle !!!

Nobody really understands eventhough i have got very understanding friends and girlfriend. hang in there !!!

• Posted

agreed bozzer although i do sympathise with you with your physical ailments that must be just terrible so i am blessed that i dont have them so sorry to hear that.....yep they play tricks on your mind so you cant go out which is crazy...great you have support and thanks for the encouragment..feeling mental as hell today which is scary...lost in my own crazy space wandering about ..which i bet is hilarious if someone is looking at me but like you say no one understands...hang in there yourself

• Posted

Thanks leley, hope you can find the strength to get your mind focused on something else, probabely the hardest thing to manage. I myself try all sorts but it always goes back to those horrible feelings. Today someone asked how i was, and i started crying just like that. Poor woman didnt know what to do. But we have to carry on trying.

hopefully we can help eachother somewhat. If i find any helpfull things i will let you know. I ll keep on searching. Keep the faith girl !

• Posted

oh bozzer i totally feel for you crying when someone asks how you are i completely understand.......yep the mind keeps going back to that horrible place..dont beat yourself up about showing your feelings people do understand feelings if not exactly how you are feeling on these evil pills...yes we do have to keep trying...here for you anytime and also will share anything that helps apart from a bottle of red wine!!..hey youve made me smile thank you so much...keep the faith yourself....believe
    • Posted

Haha same here, thanks for making me smile. Eould love a bottle of red. Not had a good drink in months. xx
    • Posted

back at ya bozzer.......think i will have a bottle of red anyway..darn the consequences will have one for you.....cant make me any madder can it or at least i wont care lol....go safe..keep the faith
  • Posted

Hi lesley, bozzer and David

I've been following your posts with interest. I like lesley, have no energy or motivation to do anything. Today I haven't got dressed which is disgraceful. I have rheumatoid arthritis and am recovering from severe pneumonia. I lost my job in Oct due to ill health, I worked both full and part time for 34 years without a break. I had to give up my part time job in 2011 which was as a riding instructor at weekends. As I could no longer ride or work with horses cos of the pain and stiffness in my joints. So I fought on sometimes on crutches or wheelchair before my main employer (ironically ) the caring NHS decided I was incapable of fulfilling my duties on grounds of ill health. Also I was admitted to hospital on 7th April for 6 days with severe pneumonia. My mirt was increased to 45mgs in Feb. Now, I can't work out why I'm utterly exhausted due to RA, PNEUMONIA or Mirt causing this overwhelming lack of interest in life. My body is in pain and is so fatigued. I don't want to eat, to talk to anyone generally I just want to hide. I'm starting to wonder if the mirt is causing part of the lethargy? Others had said feeling crappie in the morning but picking up in the evening, so that's making me thinks it may be mirt. Also I'm in a lot of pain in my joints and still have stabbing pains in my lungs. I'm thinking that if I reduce mirt I may have more 'go' and interest in life - what do you guys think? Also I cannot take the immunosuppressive drugs for several months to allow my immune system to recover. But without those drugs the pain and stiffness has returned. Help please! I'm at my wit's end. I can't go on feeling so knackered each day

• Posted

sorry to hear about your jobs and recent spell in hospital. I can see where you are coming from. The pain and stiffness ptevent you from doing things you want to do to keep your mind occupied. I myself am supposed to start work againon thursday and am dreading it. I cant give you an answer if its the mirt causing these feelings All I know is that in my situation it seems to have stopped doing what it did before i.e making me more happy in myself. stay strong. 👍
    • Posted

Thank you bozzer

are you doing a phased return back to work or right back at the deep end?

• Posted

Theyre really understanding. Start doing split shifts probabely. 4 and 4 hrs. They told me if i have problems i can take a break or even go home. Even told me that if doednt work out at all to go ont sick and slowly try and get better. 20 yrs i have worked there and cant thank m enough.
    • Posted

Thats why i should not worry but i cant see it going well. I get anxious now just thinking of it. I should consider myself lucky but its just not possible at the time. Every day its getting nearer i seem to feel worse. Let me know how you get on. I gotta see my psychiatrist on th 11th of may. Seems a long time away. Curious what they will say about the mirt.

keep on fighting and good luck xx

• Posted

Hi everyone. I would like  to know why you have been prescribed mirtazapine?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.