losing the plot on mirts ??

Posted , 10 users are following.

ive been on this forum for a while but it seems like these pills really make you lose the plot...feel like im going nuts and nothing makes sense anymore so good luck and empathy with anyone going through the same its just awful..

2 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Reading this is making me even more scared taking mirtazapine, I am going to take my first 15mg tonight after a week off citalapram. I am aggressive enough at the moment any little thing set me off, my job is customer facing so that could be even more fun! I too burst into tears for no apparant reason, even reading your comments is bringing tears to my eyes, I just hope i am going to be one of the lucky ones and this is one for me....plus the feeling fatigued I am not looking forward to either as i have spent the last 9 months trying to get myself motivated. I just can't wait....
    • Posted

Hi Tina! Mirtazapine can be helpful, it worked well for me with very few side-effects. However, I am now finding what a devil it is to get off it! I still think it was worth taking it, and I don't mind staying on it as the doctor recommended. I've gone back on 30 mg after trying to reduce it very slightly, but I'm still waiting for things to settle down again. I hope it works for you. Pixie.
    • Posted

mirt has helped lots of people and hopefully it will do its job for you. In my case it did make me sleep like a baby but felt very fatigued during the day. It seemed to go better after 4 days when i went from 15 to 30 mg. I felt more happy in myself and could cope with the fatigue. 1 thing i have learned that meds alone dont seem to do the job. Its just finding what other things i can do to prevend the anxiety to come back. I failed in this and because i am supposed to start work agai soon the anxiety has got the better of me again.hope that in your case the meds will do what they are supposed to do. Be strong !!!
    • Posted

Oh I bloody hope so, as I am soooo fed up of feeling s***. Plus i'm sure a good nights sleep will help, as long as I'm not late for work lol. Have pre warned them though. Thats why I'm starting tonight so I've got the week end to see how i am going to react.
    • Posted

well tina good luck with yer 15mg im sure you will be fine i was fine with the 15mg it was only when i upped it went crazy........u will sleep fine on them just make sure you sent 3 alarms...positive coming at you x
    • Posted

just re read yer message good move starting them on the weekend...forget the alarm!!!..good luck  x
    • Posted

Whats the best time to take them, just before going tobed or an hour or so before.
    • Posted

I take mine around 8-9pm every night 20 min lady I'm eating my house out of food and crave mcdess breakfast at the same time every night. No idea why haha. I don't even get up before it ends as the tabelts knock me out for 10 years. even if I take it at 8 I'm still up till 12-2am most nights . It's doing little for me but it does stop the nervous tummy and butterflies haha iI'm also at my witts end with it. Like pixie I try to get off but end up back on it as the wd is insane. Everyone is differnt tho and ive seen many people be fine on it. Just try drink water if u get the junk food cravings.
    • Posted

Ps I started on 15 over a year ago and still on it. Apparently it's a pretty low dose anyway. Just dome are more sensitive to it then others. Taking it is the easy part coming off it is the hardest but long as u get stronger on it you might be in better place when u have to come off it. Take care
    • Posted

Thanks I was taking citalapram around 9 - 9.30. I live quite away out of town so I've done a bit of shopping today and didn't buy any chocolate which was very hard but fruit. So will just have to wait and see. i assumed it just knocked you out. I just hope it makes me feel more normal whatever htat is lol.
    • Posted

yep take before bedtime or a while before you will know that they are working as you feel them coming on especially the first night....u will hopefully sleep like a baby but agreed they make you crave the maddest stuff to eat you never normally fancy so good move getting fruit in no temptation.......ive never eaten so much sweet stuff in my life before these...but i know they are meant to help with eating problems so thats it i reckon...good luck girl
    • Posted

Thanks I haven't been eating that brilliant anyway lots of rubbish including chocolate haven't really cooked a meal just for me for ages. so I am trying to look on the positive side. If it gets rid or improves my depression and suicidal thoughts I suppose its a good thing. 
    • Posted

yes i hear you i havent cooked for myself for months and eating crap,,,,i think it will hopefully help with your depression and having sucidial thoughts is just awful,,,,,,they do seem to work really quickly mine kicked in in 3 days so hopefully you will start to feel better then plus you will get some sleep and that always helps..good luck girl,,,,positive coming your way
    • Posted

I slept like a baby the first few nights noe that i m taking 30 mg i still sleep very well on m. Does take a while to get going. Have to push myself. I dont have any cravings luckaly but i do smoke a lot maybe thats why dont know. Trying to stop smoking but struggle a bit. Maybe when i stop the cravings will come. Good luck chick
    • Posted

Thank you everyone its appreciated. sorry Lesley didn't mean to tag onto your discussion it just snowballed....x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.