Losing weight during perimenopause

Posted , 8 users are following.

Anyone with any suggestions??? The weight gain around the middle is driving me insane!!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Are you on any type of HRT ? I was on HRT and put on loads of weight . Came off two weeks ago and ive lost half a stone and hoping it carries on till i get back to normal weight. Im now trying out vitamins to see if they help .

• Posted

i was putting alot of weight on around the middle i am on the one2one cambridge diet since mid march and lost 4 stone

• Posted

Ditto to low carb and no grains. I lost 12 lbs. I follow a diet called Shibboleth but it's basically low carb, very little to no grains.

• Posted

Yes... sometimes I look pregnant-- so disgusting because I know it's all fat.. ; ( I have heard that low carb and eating more protein and healthy fats are key to losing for most people. But gosh it's so hard because I crave sugar and carbs.. Today, I did eat a salad and a bunless burger which was good but then caved in to some 'goodies' later. Ugh

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.