Lost hope....

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone i will try to tell you story of my anxiety smile I'm 18 years old and my first panic attack happened 7 months ago,it was the point when whole world changed for me and also me.i got persistent fears of death,from religious person i went into atheism,i could not go outside my house while my friends were enjoying their adulthood and it still continues.the most difficult is shortness of breath 24/7 and heart rate.i wanted to ask a question is there any hope? to defeat anxiety and panic disorder can it be cured are there any succeed stories,because i already lost my hope.....

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

You can't lose hope, it's your will power that will get you through this, if you aren't willing to power through this awful time then it will take over your life! Just think you've been like this for 7 months and what's the worst that happened? You had a panic attack that subsided and your still here! As for the short of breath did recommend some meditation it works wonders for me as I feel the same as you everyday, lay down in a quiet room and listen to some you can get videos on YouTube and they will help tou relax and hopefully like me some days you will feel your normal self again! Tell yourself that you are not going to let this rule your life and teach yourself to get through it, you've done it for ages now you can make it easier, taking your mind off it helps go for a 5 minute walk then extend by 5 minutes next time you'll feel great because you'd reaching some tough milestones. I had this in 2011 and it's back now I've had it on and off all my life I'm 22 I guess you just learn to live with it some how rolleyes hope this helps and I wish you all the luck to get through this!

• Posted

thanks for support, ye its quite hard to have mental problems and to be teen cause all your friends have fun while you struggle with anxiety and check for symptoms online i know it by myself,but still i try to fight it even im a little bit tired already
  • Posted

Hi Desuzapro, I too had my very first panic attack over a year ago now and it has changed my life. A simple answer to your question is yes there is hope. It's very difficult to imagine, but if you look at how far you have come in 7 months I bet you have improved a lot more than you realise. Do you do regular breathing exercises? I recommend you doing breathing exercises at least 3 times a day, it will get your breathing and heart rate under control and you will feel a lot calmer. Patience is key and you will gradually see the benefits. I wish you every success with your recovery. 
    • Posted

well i would say i became more mature i started to think about things which i did not care before well to say in short i became adult i guess.

can i ask did you have shortness of breath all the time too? i got my heart and lungs 2 months ago and everything was ok but its still hard to believe its all anxiety

• Posted

Yeah that happened to me too, part of my anxiety i think was because i was scared to grow up! Yes, I still do now to a certain extent, but the breathing exercises/yoga really help me because they allow you to get back in control. Just tell yourself that it is only a sensation, and distract yourself with activities you enjoy doing. I agree, it's hard to believe your mind could make you feel like that, it's a powerful thing, but you control your anxiety, it does not control you! 
  • Posted

Yes, it can be cured. Find yourself a good therapist a.s.a.p. i wouldn't recommend going on meds if you can avoid it, it doesn't solve anything. Only if you need them to get out of the house to visit the therapist, it's worth considering.

I suffered from anxiety myself till about a year ago, but it had a different cause (longterm stress, exhaustion, some bad events, ill health etc.) so I'm probably not the best example for you, maybe there are some other people in here who can tell how they recovered from their anxiety caused by similar events as yours.

Anyway; don't loose hope, it can be cured, but you have to find help. Many psychotherapists are specialized in treating anxiety, and they know how to help you out of this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.