Loud and Painful Click

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I have started to get a loud click from behind my knee. It happens when I bend my knee and usually when Imm walking or exercising.

It only started getting regular last week.

Anyone have any ideas?

Caz - 19 weeks post TKR. Pom in Australia

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Caz . My knee clicks without pain and no pattern. Doc wasn't bothered. Said it would go. My ankles are swelling at days end and last night I rolled onto outer knee in bed, it was agony. Every day something new I guess. Hate it

Robert x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Caz, my surgeon said it would go away in time as well as mine does this,  it does it whenever it wants to. He can't be that concerned because my next appointment is not for 3 Years. Regards Paul
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks Paul, my next appointment is in September and I have finished with the physio. I love this forum, it saves going and bothering the doctor with yet another knee problem.

Caz x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Caz,.

I am 20 weeks now, & my physio says the clicking is ok, it's just everything tring to fall back into place.I do have a lot of faith in him, as my bend is now about 110, knee still a bit swollen but I think things are getting better.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Lynn,

Thank you, it gives such peace of mind to hear that it's ok.

I was doing fine, had my bend to 127 degrees, then I got a really nasty tummy bug and didn't exercise for two weeks. Now my bend is 103 and I have this click. Also I am finding that my knee swells up if I stand or walk for too long.

Im trying to build my exercises back up but its a bit stiff now.

I think you are doing great, do you have any pain?

Caz x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Caz,

Yes I still get pain, when I go for a walk I try walking through the pain  so as I don't limp, . I still have to ice after my exercises as my knee  swells still, I think once everything falls back into place, ligaments , tendons etc & everything heals, we'll all appreciate our new knees. I tried a little dancing the other day, nothing strenuous, but you know, I managed ok. So things can only get better.Sorry about your setback,you'll get back to where you were soon, don't worry.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up