love u ladies

Posted , 11 users are following.

came across this site at 3am in the morning sat on the sofa having the most horrid hot sweats palps chest pain and anxiety attack its amazing what the menopause can put you though but i was so glad to find this site and to read all your stories and realize iam not the only person who thinks shes gona die every day from this horrible thing we are all having to endure . blood tests have shown iam peri menopausal had a hysterectomy 6 yrs ago but kept my ovaries and had hot flushes since 1st day but all these other symptoms have just started a few wks ago i cant take hrt has my mother has had breast cancer and iam waiting for my app with clinic (on my bloody birthday this tues) as dr have found a few lumps iam just hoping its another side of going through the menopause but my anxiety has gone through the roof to the point iam on the sick from work for 2 wks as i cant cope with the dizzy head hot flushes palpitations and all the other aches and pains but most of all i would like to say thank you to all you ladies who at 3am calmed my mind that i wasnt mid way heart attack and i wasnt gona die reading all your stories shows me that iam not alone in this

big thanks claire xx

3 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

This site is truly the best thing ever! When I wake up early in the morning (currently 4:30am) it is the first place I go. It calms my nervous morning energy.

• Posted

It truly is! better than google telling you you have a serious illness and your gona kick the bucket really soon .

• Posted

Hi Clair. Welcome to this forum and it has been a saving grace for me and so many other women. id the same operation 10 years ago and been through what you have been through and more. it is awful frightening and life changing at the same time as our bodies begin to transition.

The worry and anxiety can be the worst so check in here for support as the ladies in here have been an enormous help to me. The only way is through it and you will get through it ....so hang tight. You are not along and here is a link to. click on below -the 66 symptoms that may help you make sense of all these bodily changes.

Posted on this site.

a big hug..

CK

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/66-peri-menopause-menopause-symptoms-you-may-experience-which-may-help-some-ladies-271903

• Posted

Thank you for your kind words and i clicked on your link and had to laugh as i have at least 60 of them symptoms .

big hug back to you

• Posted

Hi Claire, welcome! No fair...right? I always thought menopause meant hot flashes/flushes and no more period. Peri has hit me like a ton of bricks. I am 41 and just a mess! Happy early Birthday! If it helps...I had an endoscopy on my 40th birthday 😃

• Posted

thank you and yes a ton of bricks is an understatement i feel like the house has fell on me 46 tomorrow and fell like 96 but thanks for your kind words and hopefully tomorrow lumpy boobs will just be another thing to add to my bloody menopausal list .. lol...

• Posted

I have learned a lot from this site! So much they do not tell you at the dr's office.

• Posted

Tell me about it all i got told was yes your bloods have came back saying peri menopausal u look stressed and anxious so here is a sick note for a couple of weeks while you get your head around whats happening cant help you anymore as your family history says you can NOT take HRT ...... Big thanks DR..... so thanks to this site and all you lovely ladies iam learning a lot and trying to deal with it ..xx

• Posted

This site is really blessings .give u hope whenever u feel depress and frustating..

• Posted

This site is really blessings .give u hope whenever u feel depress and frustating..

• Posted

Claire,

This place was a Godsend to me in July of 2018. I do not know HOW I would've gotten through what I now consider the hardest valley I have had to climb out of. This is a place of encouragement. hope. perseverance. strength.

I am in such a better place and SO much of the credit goes to the women who were transparent and shared what they were going through. Some of it can be embarrassing/shameful. I struggled with that feeling of - c'mon - just get up and go for a walk. This meno stuff is beyond eating healthy and going for a walk. It's hormones and I had NO idea the gravity of what it could do to our lives. Take care and I'm so glad to hear this place has been a blessing to you. - Finny

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.