Low confidence

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am an engineering student.

I study pretty well but never succeed in whatever i do i always face failure.

I took admission in a good college by paying donations.

I scored good marks only in my board exams.

I score good marks in practical and oral exams, i score better than others in oral exams.

But why do i face failure everytime when it comes to big examinations like Final exams, because i score good in class test or such exams. I depress my parents every time. Iam sick of this failure. What can i do. I don't feel worth of doing anything.

I don't even feel the slightest of confidence in any thing i do.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi rutuja89142.

I think there could be a few reasons why this is happening:

- You set unreasonable and unattainable standards and you depress yourself if you don't get there

- You're being too harsh on yourself

- You are under too much pressure at the exam that it seems that you can't do it, but you actually can.

I think the last one is the most likely as I am currently waiting for my GCSE results and many teachers/health professionals have told me that exams aren't a proper way to grade a student's ability because they don't have the resources that you would normally have and you are pressurised to do well by teachers/peers/family/society.

I hope this didn't sound too harsh, but I have bad self esteem issues and this is how I tell myself that I'm ok. I too struggle to find confidence, but I have found talking to my mum and my counsellor (when I was finally assigned to her) about this has helped, so maybe you could talk to someone you trust and they might be able to help somehow?

I'm sure that you're fine and I wish all the best for your future

• Posted

You probably get nervous during the Final exams. That explains why... Now don't worry about depressing your parents why would you? You're trying. You're going to college. Don't beat yourself up for it. You're not a failure. I am. You probably are depressed. You sound like it. Everyone's depression varies. Mild, moderate, extreme. You can do it. Don't you worry. You will get there.👍

• Posted

Hey. Even I went through this during my Board exams. I studied hard for it but could not the marks I desired. Now as I look back at it I think there must be something work in my approach towards studying. I think even you should try and find that.

Stay calm and do not feel pressurised so as to go about it. Do your best and believe in yourself and don't let marks or your parents' disappointment as a deterrent towards your goal to score good marks. You are going to be okay.

You can consult a counsellor regarding this, if you want. I have recently got to know about an online platform which is eWellness Expert. You can approach them as well. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.