Low dose Birth control , will it help palpatations

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone know if low does BC helps with palpitations and skips .. cardio was like it can't hurt to try . Maybe if is hormonal related .  At 48 I really don't want to take BC but I also can't take the skips either . My first missed p was last may the horrible Palps started maybe march . It's been over 1 year of this . Been to every dr . Just looking for anyone's opinion on the BC 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, birth control changes up your natural hormonal balance and would end up putting your body under more stress. That doesn't sound like something you need smile Can I ask how your food and lifestyle? Heart palpitations can come about as a result of mineral deficiencies. Selenium, for example, is something many of us lack these days. And the health of your thyroid plays a role in your symptoms too because the one of the thyroid's main functions is to regulate heart rate and it sounds like that's out of balance. When it comes to the thyroid iodine is a significant nutrient. Without enough iodine, the thyroid, quite literally, cannot do its job for you. It's also possible that you're getting enough iodine but certain foods and chemicals can BLOCK the iodine from getting to the thyroid. If that happens you can have the symptoms you mentioned.

Hope this helps,

Germaine - Integrative Health Coach

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

They checked my thyroid .  I have had I'm assuming every test they can . I have not had iodine checked as far as I know . I also get a strange vibrating feeling in my left breast - like a cell phone . The Palps are better it's more the skips . I get that hard bang after. They are very random and I see no sign or reason. I always got Palps after I ate a carb meal but these are just out of blue . sad 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.