Low Fat Chocolate ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does any-one know if there is a low fat chocolate that is suitable for us on Orlistat.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi @Colin no apart from things like WW chocolate puddings or WW hot chocolate drink which is the lowest fat hot chocolate there is. Yoomoo do a frozen yogurt which has chocolate sprinkles on it apart from that no
    • Posted

Hi Britney

Ive never heard of Yoomoo, is this available in the UK.  I dont share the luck that others on Orlistat seem to have where the weight just seems to fall off them. I do love chocolate, but have not had any since last year.

I am involved in heavy building work on my home, so I dont have time to run to burn calories.  The work I do must (I hope) compensate, it is hard work and I am not sat on my butt for hours on end.  Despite that the pounds are barely moving.  Ive only lost about 10lbs since January this year.  I only have half of my thyroid working, so that does not help, but Im not using that as an excuse.  Although I eat a low fat diet anyway, could it be that Orlistat is not suitable for everyone.

I want to get fit and lose more weight, but I am struggling.

Do you know if Flora pro-active spead is ok.

• Posted

Hi Colin,

Yes i am in the UK you can find it in the freezer aisle with the ice cream it's in Sainsburys for £2 on offer at the moment.

I haven't had any chocolate since December 2012 it was one of my vices and i have only started having these 'treats' in the last few months. You can also freeze mullerlights if you like those they do a chocolate orange one which actually tastes like terrys chocolate orange.

Dont give up 10lb off is better than 10lb on. Some people don't find orlistat to work maybe you could chat with your gp about it?

I personally don't eat butter and would be scare dof side effects if i did as long as you aren't getting the orange oil i wouldn't worry about it.

Some people lose weigh at different rates some quick some slow just keep with it you can do it x

• Posted

Britney

Your weight loss and advice is simlpy mind blowing. Do you work out a lot, like every day for hours on end with a fitness trainer.  I know you superstars do that sort of thing. 

Is it necessary for us to do the same.  I suppose I could answer my own question really, it depends what you put into it, to get the most out of it, is that how it goes.  You need to burn up more than you put in!

Thanks for your help x

• Posted

Hi Colin,

Aww thankyou for your kind words i just walk as my exercise and sit ups etc i probably should get a fitness trainer!

Superstar?! I'm not the real Britney! im self employed from the UK not a megastar i wish! i'm just a major fan hence the username lol x

Hope your chocolate cravings pass i heard that giving up bread and other carbs lowers your sweet cravings it worked for me and as i said before ive only eaten seet things in the last few months but it totally went in the early days- i gave up Bread as it was one of my vices along with Chocolate and cheese x

• Posted

Well you are a superstar on this site Britney.  Your encouragement is top notch.

My chocolate cravings will stop as soon as I can bear to tear myself away from these mailings about lovely chocolate, yum yum.

Seriously, if there was one luxury food item that you would recommend to be given up in the fight to lose weight, what would it be?  x

• Posted

hi Colin

Aw im so embarrassed  [redface ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.] thankyou for your kind words they mean a lot.

Hmm that's a question....anything with a taste LOL no erm for me it would be bread or cheese or chocolate bread does awful things to me bloats me like a balloon

One thing i do regret is not taking my measurements when i first started till now and wished in one way i had blogged about it maybe i will! not sure about showing before pictures though lol x

• Posted

In a word NO! Healthy all the way on these tablets!!
  • Posted

I have alpro desserts (in freefrom aisle) you can keep them in the cupboard but nicer from the fridge the chocolate ones are lovley i prefer the dark chocolate ones they are 2.9 g of fat per pot and really give you the chocolate hit if your missing it
  • Posted

I basically lived off chocolate the past year.. 7 children, 2 dogs, a job, no husband,  it was just easier.... well shifting these 5 Stone isn't gonna be as easy lol..

I not only love chocolate but I have a sweet tooth, snack a jacks caramel do the job for the sweet craving, I haven't craved chocolate yet, but I'll be prepared with Britney advice smile

Shelagh  

• Posted

Hi

Even just the thought of chocolate makes my mouth water.

Chocolate digestives are my downfall.  I have resisted for along time, but they do occupy my mind when shopping, especially when I walk through the biscuit/confectionery aisle.

• Posted

@Shelagh The jumbo ones are less fat but the ones in the small packets are nicer not sure why but they are probably because the smaller ones have more caramel on them! i ate so many of them at the start of my weighloss i have kind of gone off them now. Kallo do a caramel one and a blueberry and vanilla flavour too now x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.