Low-grade fever 7 weeks, is that normal?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, just wondering if it's normal to be running a fever after seven weeks of mono?

Anyone else experiencing low-grade fever for a long time?

Thanks a lot, just worrying, and can't find info anywhere on the fever going on.

Thanks

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I didnt have a fever for a long period of time but after having mono for 3 months i relapsed and had the worst fever ever for a week, my relapse was worse than the initial mono.

Hope this helps

Maisie

• Posted

Thanks Maisie, I guess you can expect anything with mono, that's the hard part, not knowing. So sorry you had such a bad relapse, I just had a couple of days with almost no fever.....today fever's back, and the fatigue.

Fatigue for months is normal, but was unsure about long term fever.

Feel better!

• Posted

Hi Malene,

I’m 7 months in and still get bouts of daily low grade fever (+ the associated malaise that comes with it)

• Posted

Wow, thanks, nice to know this is normal, I still can't believe how irritating this virus is, and how long it takes. Thanks for responding.

• Posted

what is low grade- when i bring up fever the dr says it has to be higher than 100. for me to say i have a fever. BUT- when i know that 99.1-100 for me is a fever. !| same thing- comes and goes/ I AM ON WEEK 9- and its horrible because i cant find a dr that wants to work with me.

• Posted

Hi Malene,

Really want to reassure you that this most definitely is normal for mono, I had the low grade running fever throughout the course of the virus, it drove me mad and was a horrible sensation. It DOES go away Malene, want to reassure you of that, this is the worst part you are going through right now, the first 2-3 months were by far the worst and just hang in there each day for now.

You definitely will get there and make a full recovery, if it doesn't come right away don't panic because it definitely will come and the intensity lessens after the initial phase.

But definitely the fever is normal for the virus and nothing extra to worry about, just a horrible symptom of mono that does go away once your body gets on top of the virus! Taking vitamins and herbs really helped me, a good strong multi-vitamin per day, high doses of Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day), B complex (for energy levels and nervous system) and immune boosting herbs like siberian ginseng/echinicea/oregano.

Thinking about you and remember you ARE going to get better!!

Craig

• Posted

Hi Craig,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I just started worrying that I was developing Epstein Barr complications, Hodgkins or something....!!

Couldn't figure out why I kept having a fever, I've been googling for two months, and doctors would say fever for a couple of weeks.

So glad I found this patient forum, this is brilliant.

I started talking vitamin pills and vitamin D, but I will definitely get the C, and thanks for recommending.

Are you still sick Craig, and how long did it last?

Regards,

Malene

• Posted

Hi Malene,

Oh I really do empathise with the cycle you are going through, I was exactly the same so worried and terrified that EBV was causing something else like you read on the internet, Hodgkin's or whatever. It is really frightening I know. Really want to reassure you though that what you're going through right now is normal for mono, when feeling panicked or worried about EBV try and remember this - this virus is in the system of they say 90%+ of the western population, most get it when they are maybe a baby or child and don't experience it the way an adult does - but these 90%+ of people are walking about fit and healthy, 90% don't have these awful or debilitating conditions that many forums or sites say.

Mono is horrible but really do want to reassure that things will get better!! It did take a number of months for me to recover to full health, that doesn't mean to say it will be the same for you though it's different for everyone. It was over 10 years ago I had it but it affected me so much that I just don't want others to feel how worried and horrible I felt during it, and to let folk know that there is hope and full recovery ahead. I returned to full health thanks to God and I truly believe you will too, you ARE going to get better Malene - hang in there, rest plenty take vitamins/herbs, give yourself all the time you need to recover and remember you ARE going to get better - even if it's not today or tomorrow or next week even, recovery does come with this absolutely - I thought it never would for me but it did with time and read so many cases where that has transpired.

Thinking of you and hang in there!

Craig

• Posted

Thank you so much Craig, it's really helpful to know, that someone has gone through the same thoughts as I am going through. Only someone who's been there fully understands what it's like.

The rollercoaster ride is really draining, and so many scary thoughts will pass through one's mind. And when will it end? You think you're better, and then you relapse.

Thank you so much for your encouragement, it is really helpful, and makes me able to focus on getting better instead of worrying too much.

Malene

• Posted

You're very welcome Malene, it is such a rollercoaster as you say - but you definitely will get through it and return to full health again you really will! Hoping that you can get plenty of rest and remove stress as much as possible right now, I know that's hard when feeling so unwell. But there IS an end to it and there IS hope, trusting God with that smile

Craig

• Posted

Thanks Craig! I beginning to believe it. 🌼🌻

• Posted

Thanks Malene, hope that you have a more settled weekend and keep believing!!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.