Low mood

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone can anyone help eplain my mood the last year periods have been allover the place ive been early, 6 weeks late, 13 week late and now I have had 3 periods in about 8 weeks when im due I get a little anxious but im now coming to the end of my period but I feel so low weepy on edge thought things were supoosed to get better when you came on thanks for your help xx

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hi sorry you struggling it seems its all part of it you will read things on this helpful site and be reassred.  Keep a diary perhaps and log wat helps you so you can referto when needed.   I too thought things got better but like you i now have a flood period and feel low, weepy and dizzy.  Hang on inthere and look after you withh things that make you feel happy. 
  • Posted

Hi thanks for your reply hopefully will feel better soon xx
  • Posted

Hi Donna go through the site in Menopause I have given lots of tips and advice on how to combat some of these symptoms. A good multi-vitamin will help with mood swings, and a few other things, that I mention throughout the site. I was an ob/gyn nurse, so trying things that are natural to me are better than synthetically made in a lab. I have taken many of the herb remedies I mention that gave me positive results. Wish you better days. Pat
    • Posted

Hi pat

Vitamins make me really nauseous and b vitamins increase my anxiety. Any suggestions. I have tried them on and off but same result every time x

• Posted

Michelle, Are your multi-vitamins vegetarian or just regular? Regular vitamins frighten me, I always buy vegetable made ones. I also don't take the 4 recommended pills per day to get the full dosage, I take just one pill and I'm perfectly energized. As for anxiety I take st. John's wort's. You may want to try it. It really helps, but depending on the severity of your symptoms it may take up to 30 days. For me since I'm an organic healthy eater, it worked after 1-2 days. But since everyone is different, it may take you longer. Some ladies have told me it took them 30 days for it to work, but for me that wasn't the case. Either way if you're not on any HRT this is a good alternative. Skip the B vitamin if you're taking a multi-vitamin. Hope this helps xx.
  • Posted

I'm sorry you are going through low moods. I completely understand. I'm usually in low moods to and thought that once my cycle comes on I would feel a little better. The last time I had a cycle that didn't happen for me. It came on a week early and I just didn't feel like myself along with heavy bleeding. Unfortunately low moods seem to be a part of this peri/meno deal. Just know that it is a symtpom that will eventually go away like the rest of the symptoms. Like Debi62095 said, keep a diary of when you have good days and moments so that you can refer back to it and lift your mood. Take care ans keep sharing.
  • Posted

Thanks for all your advise will definatly look into some hrbal remedies 
  • Posted

Donna

my periods are acting the same way and I'm 53 so hoping this means I'm towards the end. Try chamomille tea for anxiety. I had some and so did my husband last night because of stress and not sleeping well and I must say it works wonders. Its pleasant tasting and has many healing properties. I also take vitamin supplements to help with other symptoms. I still have bad days but not like I used to. Also changed my eating habits to healthier eating and joined a gym. Some days I'm just too off to go if I can do a min of 4 miles on the treadmill a week then I feel its better than nothing....

• Posted

I'm going to try the chamomile tea. Sounds like it is relaxing.
    • Posted

Let me know what you think after you try it. I think I'm going to have a cup everynight! Lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.