Lower leg pain taking Prozac

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has anyone had lower legs to hurt taking Prozac?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jacqueline - I am on day 7 of 20 mg and today my legs feel very shaky and weak. I am calling my doctor today to see if I should be on a lower dose because the side effects have been brutal for me. Took Flu in the past with no problem whatsoever so I don't know why this is happening to me now sad

• Posted

Yes I had the weak and shaky legs I woke up one day I was ready to go to ER my legs were than weak ,before you go any longer on 20 mgs get it changed to 10 mgs . I'm a firm believer Drs percribe to large a dose!

• Posted

They will probably tell you it will pass tell them you can't do the side effects be persistent if you aren't you will be stuck on twenty,If they don't change it do it yourself open capsule pour it on piece of paper divide it in halve put the other half in some foil keep for next day put you dose in cranberry juice stir in up drink up

• Posted

I called my doctor's office and talked to the nurse about all my side effects. She said everything I have been experiencing is common, so I guess that makes me feel somewhat better. She's going to let the doctor know but I really don't know if he will want to lower my dose, he said he didn't think the 10 would be strong enough for me neutral

• Posted

I honestly did not even know the liquid form existed until I saw it on here. I guess 20-40mg is a "standard" dose but everyone is different. My doctor told me to give it another week or so and then he'll lower my dose if I want to.

• Posted

Just saw this response. Yes that is pretty much what they said lol. Doctor didn't remind me about possible side effects because he "didn't think it would be a problem" for me. Honestly when I woke up with funny legs this morning that scared me a lot and made me think what else could I possibly have to go strange!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.