Lower tummy now.

Posted , 10 users are following.

I can't take much more of this worry. I know I'm always on here but im seeking reassurance all the time with all these horrid symptoms, im sorry. I have every single symptom and amplified at that - it's my joints , it's just about everything - crying with fear and can't think straight anymore. Ive had a total hysterectomy , oophorectomy three years ago and hysterectomy over twenty years ago. Yesterday I was pushing my granddaughter in her pram for ages uphill aswell, I was really puffing - this morning I woke at three with horrid lower abdomen deep aches , really awful and ive had it all day. Ive been doubled over and feel like my insides are falling out seriously . Im so tired of myself always moaning and worrying and now extra worry over this - I don't know what to do, health anxiethy is wrecking my life my heart is thumping all the time and now I think ive got something else wrong with me. Please no horror stories but does anyone think it's just pulled muscles ???? Im sorry everyone im just beside myself - my hubby gets cross and says im attention seeking, maybe I am as I doubt my sanity myself. Now ive got all this to worry myself sick over, please help xx

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Lou, I'm going to second Maria's idea that possible some hormone therapy might help you.  To loose both your uterus and also your ovaries, really is a big deal.  To say that you are completely devoid of those hormones is an understatement.  Because even in menopause our girls push off at least a little something.  

Didn't anyone ever suggest some replacement therapy when they removed your ovaries?    It sounds like your adrenal glands are in high gear trying to comsensate for the total loss.  This could be the cause for all your anxiety.

Get checked out and see what you can do.  It might make a world of difference. 

• Posted

thank you yes it is a massive deal so much so I had no idea how it would leave me - HRT isn't an option as I have bad migraines. I don't know what to do for the best, pain still there but more like horrid period pain kind of feeling, hard to describe its just awful x

• Posted

hi lou, when did you start getting the migraines.  I suffered with these too but they were hormonal.  If they started around the time you had your ops it may be worth considering hrt as the other ladies suggested.  I was offered HRT even though I had had migraine,  the patch method. 
    • Posted

Hi, so sorry you suffer migraines too they are so nasty. Ive had them since I was around thirty eight - im fifty four now but since the oophorectomy three years ago they have got much worse - I take Triptans all the time. Wonder why you were offered HRT and I wasnt ! My doctor said absoloutley not, I think he likes seeing me suffer ! Let's face it Hes a man what would he know ...... I would love some help hormone wise but don't think its gonna happen. My mother used to have horrific migraines aswell but they stopped when she got to around fifty, I remebemer her being so I'll and sick - mine used to effect the left side of my head and eye but now they are on the right and go I to my ear and neck - how about you ? X

• Posted

I used to have severe migraines until I started taking time released B vitamins - kept taking them faithfully and then one day I noticed how they were farther apart until I wasn't getting them any more - I don't recall how long it took but it was a few months 

• Posted

Hi Lou I wanted to let you know I get exactly the same strange pains...it reminds me of when I had bad fibroids or even labour pain and lasts for about 5 hours every day or other day...I cripple over in pain sometimes. ( I also a full hysterectomy with ovaries removed) I've had a lot of other issues that the Dr took priority on re various checks scans etc and it got brushed under the carpet but last week I finally got chance to raise it again and asked for an ultra sound scan. I've previous had suggestions of could be old scare tissue or body trauma etc. I'm praying scan can shed some light. Like other ladies say I try to reassure myself I'm sure it's nothing serious. I would recommend so so much you ask for checks...I was a total wreck earlier this year re all sypmtoms and thinking I was dying. Getting checks done has definitely helped what was major anxiety over my health. Now when I get attacks I keep telling myself it's just the hormones it's just the hormones. Really hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi Liz and thank you for reply. Poor you this is awful - in a way im relieved to fI d another lady with the same as me - what on earth can it be ? You're so right with your description , it is like being in labour - it was so bad the day before yesterday I honestly thought my insides were about to fall out or have a really heavy bleed - that's how it feels, damm miserable actually. Like you ive had so many scans, internal and external including a ct scan after my surgery - ive been poked and prodded about so much with manual examinatio s front and back passages that have left me terrified of anything medical on all levels, I literally feel like I will faint if I see an ambulance or a doctor - I just can't bear it. In my head im thinking all sorts but my fear is fuelling the anxiety so much im making myself physically sick - I feel wobbly and weak , I can't clench a fist im so full of weaknEss due to being so anxious ....... Will you please keep in touch and let me know how things go ? I truly hope it's good news and im sure it will be. All the best to you I know just how you feel x

• Posted

Hi lou, mine have calmed down.  The last one I had was months ago.  Mine used to be on left side of head too, started around 38.  I am 48 now.  They lasted until about december 2015, then other crazy symptoms started and the migraines disappeared (well almost) now I feel one starting on right side of head, but it never develops into full-blown migraine.  They said I would be fine with patches, (but, I did not start them, just so you know), I am not in menopause yet, but getting closer.  You seem to be suffering still and I've read lots of your posts.  

I think your latest problem with your stomach is definitely muscles that you haven't used but the rest of it - have you tried cutting out dairy?  I have done this in the last few months and the difference is amazing.  I suffered with tendonitis aches and pains and this is all but gone since going off dairy (i have also cut out gluten but discovered it was the dairy as when I tried it again over a few days, different symptoms came back), it may be worth trying lou,  this is all awful and cutting out foods is difficult but I am so much better for it.  Just make sure that you are getting your nutrition from lots of veg and dairy alternatives.  just thought I'd mention it to you because you seem to have ongoing suffering!

• Posted

Hey yes will definitely stay in touch...so far the medical profession are as baffled as I am...in the meantime have to keep suffering these awful pains...just like you some days I get really anxious scared and down about what on earth it is. Its makes some sense to me that its tissue or internal muscle damage just odd its exactly same pain as before the op. (Also when pain comes on its hurts to urinate...again same as when i had fibroids)

Likewise please let me know how you get on xx

• Posted

Hi Lou, if I hadn't experienced lots of these symptoms myself, and I am sure

many of the other ladies on here feel the same, I might think like your

husband, but I have and I believe you are feeling everything you have

mentioned. It is hard to convince anyone who is not going through it that

your symptoms are real and it is damn frustrating!

Firstly I used to get that breathlessness going up hill, it was awful, went to

doc's in end and it turned out that I was aneamic. Got some iron pills and it

was sorted. Could be worth a try for you.

Next I do think you could have pulled a muscle especially if you don't do this

a lot, you know how it is when you do a workout after a long break, really

gets you in your tummy.

It really is all very scary and more than you can cope with sometimes.

You can always come on here and moan to us as much as you like

tell us all about it and we will probably do the same to you as you may be

able to help any one of us.As you say you have had all the symptoms

and I think I have had most of them, so we are in a good position to help

others and that will take our mind off our own stuff for a little while.

Go to doc's and try not to be too hard on yourself.

I wish you all the very best, Lou. Take care😊

• Posted

yes you are so right and ive had time to think things through - I can remember my consultant telling me muscle and soft tissue damage is extremley painful and can take months and months to recover, the burning is soft tissue - im pretty sure now thinking rationally that ive damaged some muscles and maybe I have a weak spot because of previous surgeries maybe ? I get absoloutley paranoid and panic like mad with any new symptoms I get - it's not healthy and mentally drives me to distraction , I need to overcome all this. Thanks so much for being so lovely x

• Posted

Try to take each new sympton as it comes and get on here as soon

as possible as you

will certainly find someone who has been through it and can help.

This will stop you panicking and you will find, in time, your anxiety

will subside.

Try to enjoy little things. Granddaughters are a great joy (I have 2)

they can get you through some pretty tough times with thier funny

little ways where as an adult can get a bit frustrated with you (I have

found).

I have really started to enjoy simple things again.

Hope you can too.

Stay positive Lou, you really will get better😊😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.