Lowmood

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hate metal heath when I am stress out and thinking about taking my own life

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Taking your own life is an extremely selfish act. But it seems we all seek to end the pain. My advice is to persevere and attempt to get help from friends and family. This feeling will one day pass and you will be stronger than ever before. For now try to exercise for 30 mins 3 times a week and pray/meditate if possible. If you're too busy then just try to keep in mind these rough times will pass and you'll be thankful one day that you're alive with your fellow loved ones.   

• Posted

Noah, I agree with you completely. Lowmood, time is a beautiful thing. Don't give in to what you are thinking and feeling right now. We are here for you. Talk about what you are going through, and you will find out that a lot of us have/are experiencing the same thing. I'm praying for you.

• Posted

Wow. Telling someone who is suicidal that it is extremely selfish is really unhelpful and judgemental.

Suicide is very rarely selfish. More often a suicidal person will believe that others would be better off without them.

Depression is a sneaky little liar. It sneaks into our minds and whispers lies to us. It makes us believe we are worthless and things will never get better. But things CAN get better. Sometimes you have to fight to get the help and support you need which isn't easy when depression steals our energy. But you ARE worth fighting for.

What kind of help are you currently receiving?

• Posted

Lowmood and Lucy, let me clarify my agreeing with Noah. I agree that you should seek help from family, friends and the medical field. And that time is a good thing. With the right meds, Lowmood your thoughts and feelings will improve. I would never tell and person that is calling out for help that he or she is selfish. Why, because I have been where you are. I have wanted to end my life so many times, but through prayers and support I didn't do it. Please forgive me for not being clearer in the beginning 😘

• Posted

Hi I don't agree that taking your own life is a selfish act.  I think it's an act of desperation trying to end the pain and the last thing you think about is other people.  Depression can play strange tricks with your mind and give you negative and suicidal thoughts and feelings.  The last thing suicidal people need is other people running them down or making them feel worse.

I will say however that killing yourself would leave a legacy of pain for your loved ones who will always ask themselves why and if they could have helped you.  They will always feel guilty and in pain.  x

• Posted

Hi Leanne

Things do get really tough from time to time and I've been exactly where you are and I've tried lots to kill myself I took 160 cocodomol thinking it would surly do the job after reading somewhere that about 50 would do it I need to tell you it's the worst feeling ever.

It started out as a numbing sensation my legs went real heavy and I got real tired real fast it felt like my body was shutting down very slowly I was ok with the feeling as it represented the end I thought well at least this would be the last time I sat and cryed and felt like shite it then started to scare me a little as it became really hard to breathe like I could breathe but there was no oxygen in the air it was terrible I really can't explain it but your body naturally wants to live even if you don't anyway soon enough I was asleep.

To my horry I woke up the next morning and God was I sick I was vomiting so much brown nasty stuff I fell back into bed disappointed I was here but apart from the sickness I felt fine two days later I start to get stomach cramps but thought nothing of it I just carried on until after four days I just had to go to the doctors for some kinda pain relief

I spoke to the doctor who immediately sent me to the hospital for tests turns out I was to get my wish I was slowly and painfully dying my kidneys where shutting down I was then informed in what to expect the blood couldn't fitler any toxins and I'd die from blood posioning that's when the reality really set in and ironically I realised ironically I wanted to live

Luckily transplants where found and I spent a while in hospital although I should be ok now I find it difficult to do the things I have always enjoyed anyway the point Is I had ppl on here to talk to that are non judgemental and I took it for granted and dismissed them I also have a very good friend who stayed with me throughout the whole thing when I saw all the ppl on here and my friend and how upset they became that I had done this to myself I realised no one has to take their own life you just need to take a leap of faith and trust someone it's no easy task and I get that totally buy I'm living prove that suicide is a permanent answer to a temporary problem things can get better they can become easier there is a way through and ppl can help you they do need you and want you about I can't change your mind you'll do what ever you think best

All I can do is share the experience with you and ask you to speak to someone a friend a family member ppl on this site and make an informed decision

Hope you are well and you make the right choices if you need to chat I'm always about on here

Be easy on yourself

Mike (hukama matata)

• Posted

Yes, but what can be dne when psychs cannot find an anti depressant which works?
    • Posted

Unfortunately everyone's body is completely different and the way we deal with medication again different so it's no easy quick fix and yes it's damn tough I know it is so much

So when my head starts to overload with thoughts going a thousand miles an hour and you can't focus on any one thought I found writing it down helps like a dairy of sorts it really feels like you've spoken to someone about how you feel and sometimes it helps you discover options and answer you couldn't find because one though on paper is one less in your head you can spray diagram solutions or outcomes or if it was about suicide itself you could write all the ppl it would effect sometimes when we are that low we feel there's noone but there's always someone your life impacts

You know you can also use this site explain what you feel the route cause of your depression is where it started and ppl may have similar experiences for example if it was due to a break up or you just felt swamped with work or life commits try to think of the things you did just for you before you became entangled in the web of love or work start to discover yourself again go and do those things

Ppl with the same experience as you on here may be able to suggest medication you've not yet found or tried maybe you need a combination of medicine and Therapy like CBT or counseling

Everyone here wants you to talk to them and they want you to get better and realise your not alone everyone stumbles at times it's just a case of using your new found friends to get your balance and we all here to hold ya hand and give you stability

Hope to hear from you soon Leanne

Mike

• Posted

There are more things that they can try. I've been on probably on about 8 different antidepressants before they found one that made a little bit of a difference and even then it wasn't much. But they can add in other things to augment the antidepressants - mood stabilisers, anti psychotics etc. Then there are the other types of treatment - electroconvulsive therapy, ketamine infusions (these are showing excellent results).

Then there are the complimentary therapies - acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, meditation are all shown to be beneficial.

Sometimes a combination of several or all of these might help. Better still if they're alongside some decent talk therapy.

Don't give up, there is probably so much still to try and new research coming out all the time.

• Posted

There are more things that they can try. I've been on probably on about 8 different antidepressants before they found one that made a little bit of a difference and even then it wasn't much. But they can add in other things to augment the antidepressants - mood stabilisers, anti psychotics etc. Then there are the other types of treatment - electroconvulsive therapy, ketamine infusions (these are showing excellent results).

Then there are the complimentary therapies - acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, meditation are all shown to be beneficial.

Sometimes a combination of several or all of these might help. Better still if they're alongside some decent talk therapy.

Don't give up, there is probably so much still to try and new research coming out all the time.

• Posted

Hi Leanne I truly hope you are feeling somewhat better, I noticed you haven't replied to your thread after posting, I'm obviously a bit late replying because of hols, can you not access a mental health team, in the UK their are quite a few options and if you need numbers or websites just message me and I will send them to you, I don't won't to just send them as I don't know if it would make you feel pressured, hopefully theirs help out there for you that work God bless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.