LPR

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone.  I've been reading the posts here, and pretty much have the same complaints (nasty/burning feeling/taste on tongue and in mouth, cough, excess phlem and coughing).  I was diagnosed with LPR approximately a year ago - my doctor had me take an over-the-counter medicine, which is the generic for an acid reducer - omeprazole magnesium.  My condition is also made worse by sinus issues.  The cough is bad enough but this sensation on the tongue and nasty taste (which irritates the coughing) is driving me out of my mind.  I admit I'm not good about taking the medicine, because, like many, I just don't like taking a lot of medicines.  I'm curious about this ph water?  I've never heard of it - and saw another post regarding coconut oil  Am interested in knowing how/if it help, how often you drink/take it, etc.  Some days I notice the burning not to be so bad - I didn't know that tea was a trigger (and I know my diet coke is probably not helping sad - trying to stop that habit!)

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi good morning Lynn.

I have suffered from acid for 20 years now 

It might be worth trying the acv.

Meaning apple cider vinegar 

Aspels organic apple cider vinegar 

It must be organic !

It means there's no chemicals in it.

If you take the cap of the bottle and fill it,

Pour 2 capfuls into a small glass 

The using bicarbonate soda take a small tea spoon

And using just a realy tiny amount on the tip

Add it to the cider vinegar,

This will fizz like mad add a drop of water that will stop the fizzing and make it a bit more drinkable

This will neutralise the acid in your tummy, hopefully it helps me i take it last thing at night .

Try lifting your bed up 6" with blocks under the end you sleep at. Staying propped up keeps the acid in the stomach stops it running into the gullet

Thinking of putting a video on youtube with the acv on showing folk how to use it.

I hope it helps you Lynn if you have any other questions please ask thanks.

Regards lee .

• Posted

Hi Lee - I've been reading about the vinegar - at this point anything is worth a try - I can't stand this feeling on my tongue/taste....driving my crazy!
    • Posted

Hi again Lynn 

What does the taste resemble 

? It's not the Medicine leaving a metalic

Taste is it ?

Losec/omprazone capsules is what I take 

No after taste .

Stay away from carbonated drinks (diet coke ) lol 

And cut down on alcohol, if you drink alcohol  

It inflames the gullet ,stay away from shorts 

And wine the content is high.

The bed been propped up really helps 

I no it sounds like a lot of hastle but 

It's worth it in the end Lynn .

• Posted

Well I don't drink,  but I do the diet coke... trying not to.   Wh at I have is a sensation like I burned my tongue, and a weird taste at times.   Hard to describe.  Not the meds.  I had it before started taking anything.  
  • Posted

Diet coke is a definite no no! Things that helped me most were raising the head of the bed approximately 8 inches with bricks, not eating for two hours before bed and taking 10 ml of gaviscon advance after meals and before bed. These things reallyade a difference and were really easy to do. Stoppedy night time choking and calmed that awful taste!

I now gargle with ph water after meals, or chew chewing gum. I've also used the coconut oil. Really soothing on my sore mouth!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.