Lpr

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have suffered from lpr for a few years now. For what reason, perhaps weight gain or cause i had a baby, its become much, much worse. I constantly feel a lump in the back of my throat and im constantly spitting up a thick slime to the point where i gag and almost vomit. Ive tired a few different acid reflux pills. None which seem to make a great difference. I dont drink caffeine or much liquor, once in a great while. Ive given up chocolate as well and tored other recommend diet chnages and havent noticed a differnce. I have notice chewing gum helps only while im chewing it though and drinking lots of water seems to loosen the slime so its easier to cough up.

My question are: what are some other home remedies that you have noticed to help?

Also has anyone ever had surgery to correct this problem?

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

To buy probiotics is quite expensive. Why not just try live - bio - yoghurt? Get a really good brand - or try making your own. Unsweetened natural live yoghurt. More easily digested too than a pill. I don't know if one is allowed to suggest anything written on this site but I have an excellent book by a Craig Fear on heartburn and acid reflux which actually explains the process and how to deal with it. It's aimed mainly at an amercian market but lots of the info holds goood anyway.
    • Posted

I tried yoghurt but it did not help me. Also, the chewable probiotics I take work out cheaper. One of the reasons yoghurt did not work for me could be because I always drink a hot mug of tea at breakfast. Heat kills bacteria so if taking yoghurt or a tablet form of probiotic AVOID HOT DRINKS taken at the same time!
    • Posted

tea is a big acid trigger for many and activate reflux in throat too.  
  • Posted

I have had the very same thing. All of it just like you. Nightmare! I understand exactly what you feel. Noone knows what to do. I tried it all.

In my case diet did not help much PPi where useless. Here are the things that help. Little : stop cofee and chocolates, taking ranitidine 150 at night along with melatonine(help sleep) , liftin my bed 7 " and taking dip cups( sucralfate) prescription to protect your throat from acid. This will help you. 

here are the things that help a lot: taking antianxiety medicine for stress triggred by your symotoms 

Some people go have a 24 ph monitore and manometry test to see if yor LeS is not working. If your LES is not working you can try other drugs. 

I can keep taking for ever on ths subject for now I will just advice you to take something for your anxiety 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.