LPR, Anxiety or Worse?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been suffering from some symptoms now for since January and I would like your opinion, I believe it to be one of two things, anxiety (over ALS) or LPR. I have been to the ENT and he scoped my throat and said there was a little redness in the throat and prescribed 3 months of omeprazole. I finished my course of PPI's just under a month ago and I think they may have helped a little but still have some wee things I'd like your opinions on.

*Difficulty Swallowing - I'm not sure of I'm actually having trouble or my mind is playing tricks on me but it definitely feels as if it's strained in some way. 

*Feeling of Mucus - I feel like there's a lot of mucus in my throat and I can't get rid of it.

*Throat Clearing - constantly, trying to get rid of the afformentioned mucus that I think is there. 

*Weird Regurgitation - sometimes when I burp I get the feeling of food and drink coming back up into my throat, sometimes my mouth. It is normally quite an acidic feeling (a bit like lemon juice) but it tastes of the food i've eaten.

*Sore Neck - Very occasionally, I get a sore neck. Not really sure why.

Opinions

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like reflux to me. Possibly gerd and lpr. Does the difficulty swallowing feel like food is getting stuck ? Acid reflux can cause esophagitis which causes inflammation of the esophagus which can cause difficulty swallowing. I have had all of the symptoms you described. Meds used to manage my symptoms pretty good but i stopped getting relief from them and had to have anti reflux surgery. I would make an appt to see a g.i. Dr..Prob want to scope your esophagus. Hope you find relief soon.
    • Posted

It only feels like food is getting stuck when I have bread. It is at it's worst when I try and swallow to clear the mucus that has built up in my throat.

I can't feel the mucus building up but I am aware it is there as soon as I swallow.

• Posted

It looks like a typical reflux. I have had the same symtoms. You are on the right track for eating omiprazole but you must see a gastroenterologist.
  • Posted

Google about reflux and how to make lifestyle changes like eating small meals and try and gradually wean yourself off of PPIs because in my case I have to have them everyday and there is no looking back. I have tried to reduce the dose but it usually comes back with vengeance. So if your case is not that severe which the gastro will tell you then lifestyle changes would really help you.

Things like cold milk yogurt and staying away from spicy foods helps me a lot.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Wow, I have a sore neck now, mucus in my throat, burping. Throat clearing constantly. This neck pain came yesterday and it's extremely painful

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.