LS vs Genital Herpes - new to site

Posted , 4 users are following.

New to this site and have NEVER been on any site prior. I know I have LS but each time I see a gyno they tell me herpes. Everything I have read on herpes and LS - its LS THAT IS SPOT ON TO ALL MY SYMPTOMS. thank goodness I am given the steroid cream.. I have been fighting this for over 15 years and was elated to finally have a diagnoisis only to keep being told differently even with a biopsy. The dr also gave me Valtrex. ny suggestions or helpful information would be greatly appreciated. I have watched the video and again EVERYTHING regarding LS is exactly what i am going through. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

If the biopsy showed LS then you must have LS, but I guess it's like anything - it doesn't mean you can't have 'other' things as well. What makes them think you have herpes if you have the LS diagnosis (confirmed by biopsy)?
    • Posted

Yes, confirmed. But apparently i have herpes 1 (the non genital though ive never had symptoms of a cold sore or anything) and she stated that though The biopsy may indicate LS, the herpes takes the priority and she is certain i am suffering from herpes. The genital herpe result was negative. 

So, i do have the steroid cream ans use 2 times a day. I just got over a huge flare and i "peeled" completley. Im still a little raw but my main concern is the cut about the clitoris, which has been there for over 6 mos now! Any recommendations on how to help heal it? 

• Posted

I am certain this flare occured due to stress and my husband not mentioning he switched laundry detergants. I have always told him i need 'free and clear' everything. 
    • Posted

Beth, being perimenopausal, stressed-out and wearing underwear washed in smelly soap = prescription for an LS flare. Have you tried the baking soda baths everyone here talks about? 1/3 cup in a tub. Just good, old-fashions first aid. And I use thick gobs of Vaseline when I have a tear, to keep urine from getting on it.

Leading up to my extremely belated diagnosis I had a long bad flare-up very much like what you describe and at the time my (ignorant) response to the stress was to eat huge slabs of chocolate very day. Sugar and stress are our twin enemies. The dermovate took many months to really clear things up. In fact it took two years of treatment and no sex. LS is extremely varied from woman to woman, but that's how it went for me.

• Posted

Hi Beth

Hiw old are you have you ever had an abnormal smear test Xx

• Posted

I am 47 and have never had an abnormal pap. I have been dealing with LS for over 15 years, prob longer. I rememebr the day my google searching discovered LS and everything listed as well as what it looks like in pictures was me! I felt relieved. I read everything on herpes and see pics and its is just not what om going through - if it were, id except it. 

So, i need to take control and do whatever i can to ease my discomfort. I do have an appt scheduled witha derm that specializes in LS. But the appt is not for a few months. Until then i need to know how to help the cut above my clitoris to heal! Its been there over 6 mos. my poor clitoris is fused half way. Ive been lightly pulling and think this may have caused the current rip (along eith a recent flare inwhich i completely peeled). Ugh. 

• Posted

Beth I have both LS and Herpes Simplex, LS diagnosed by dermatologist and herpes by GP after taking a swab, it is not genital herpes and I treat the sores with Zovirax, I also use Dermavate when I think the problem is LS related. I find I can usually tell which problem is bothering me and treat accordingly. I also use emu oil and coconut oil for soothing. Best of luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.