Lucky?

Posted , 11 users are following.

After reading some of your posts I'm wondering if I'm just lucky or are things about to get worse? I had my op 11 days ago and apart from initial pain and problems with bm I haven't really got much pain. I stopped all medication in the day and just 2 paracetamol at night and dulcolax. Is it the lull before the storm? Sorry that some of you ladies are in so much pain and discomfort xx

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi, I'm 3 weeks posterior repair and haven't had any pain , just in the last week feel like I have a golf ball up my bum! (Sorry only way I can describe it), then I get tense trying to relax and then panic that I'm pushing down and making it worse. Does anyone else have the feeling of a golf ball!
    • Posted

Hi Snuscob, think we all have to some extent. I thougt mine was piles. matron assured me the feeling that i had grown testicles was just swelling. This made me laugh and was very reassuring. Nuerophen and icing helps. Try not to tense up or force it. Good luck and keep positive. 
  • Posted

Sorry to say this Rosiepix but think it might be. I felt ok for first 9 days and then I as I felt okay I over did things a bit and once the healing started then so too did the discomfort , pain and throbbing. Maybe you are being super good and getting lots of rest. If not I urge you to slow down and start getting more rest because as a fellow patient put it our bodies have been through a lot and even if we feel ok they still need to recover. I hope you manage to pull through without the stinging , and throbbing as the healing occurs and wish you evry luck with it all. keep smiling and posting it is good to hear of ladies with no pain or discomfort and is reassuring for those of us who are suffering a little. Think it all depends on the type of operation, everyones pain threshold is different and remember others don't speak up unless someone esle does for fear of feling foolish or a whimp , I was like that but once I read that a fellow forum lady who had a similar op at almost the same time as me was having similar issues to me it was great to chat and share and support each other. hope this helps and good Luck
    • Posted

Hi Tilley

I had an anterior and posterior repair plus perenium repair and the surgeon did say with the posterior op I would get a lot of pain so am surprised it's not that bad X I have a ring to sit in so that helps and it stings a bit after a bm but subsides X I have rested a lot but am lucky my family have helped so much. I have been getting messages that you'll be back to normal soon which I feel like I should reply yes of course to instead of the reality that no its actually going to take about 3 months! It feels like you're going for the sympathy vote lol x

• Posted

Hi Rosiepix, totally agree about your comment about sympathy vote or it makes you pathetic or useless so I just thank them and say nothing. What kind of ring? like kiddy pool ring?Glad you are recoverying well.xx
    • Posted

Hi Tilley

No it's a ring you get from the chemist or from Amazon used after you've had s baby . Helps a lot , takes the pressure off your undercarriage lol x

• Posted

I too had no pain, except for the next day and that was cramping. One hydrocodone and I was done. I had a hysterectomy, vaginal suspension and rectocele surgery. All done robotically. Yes, I had a bit of tenderness in my belly but not a thing otherwise. I seriously had a BM the second I walked in the door home. The only bad part of this was it was hard to hold me down. At least pain warns you to slow down. It was a struggle but I did it. I had my surgery Dec 4.

We are lucky!

• Posted

Yes Pam aren't we! That's the problem I feel like I should be doing more but am scared to and know I'm not supposed to. I feel for people that have children or who's families aren't supportive x
  • Posted

I had my op 16 days ago. I have made sure I have rested, still sitting with my feet up most of the time. I'm lucky I've got a husband who doesn't mind cooking, ironing, cleaning etc.

Apart from feeling like I have grown a pair of testices I seem to have been ok. After 4 days after coming out of hospital I had to squirt a syringeful of Gynest cream into it to stop the sides sticking together due to a cystocele and entrocele repair for a week, maybe that has helped. I have no problems with BM and haven't had to take any laxatives.

Stitches are starting to itch a bit and I'm still quite swollen.

I am looking forward to getting back to normal and going to the gym although I'm not sure if I will be able to do the same program. For now though I am following my consultants instructions so I don't have to have the operation again in a hurry.

• Posted

Did youhasvean anterior repair rosiepix or a posterior one? I hope to god I don't have lots of pain.ahhhh getting nervous now.xx
    • Posted

I had both welshgirl plus a perenium repair X 11days on and I'm good X hardly any pain and just a bit of griping when I need a bm X let us know how you get on X when is your op? X
    • Posted

Hi hun,its April 18th.I'm praying I'll be OK.I'm fit and healthy other than this horrible bulge in the fanjo,no leakage etc.xxx
    • Posted

I was the same X no pain just discomfort but when you've had it done you realise how bad it was! The waiting to get it done is the worse of it . I was so glad to get it over with and I don't remember a thing about it! First op I've had so was a bit nervous but it was fine xxx
    • Posted

I had my gallbladder out 2 years now a d I had no issues and

Healed well.I know it was keyhole, and like you was my first op.

I hope this one goes without a hitch.my uro is the top guy so I know I'm in safe hands.thanks hun.xx

• Posted

No probs X keep in touch let us know how you are X the surgeon I had is well known and lots of experience X guess that makes a difference x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.