Lump in boob

Posted , 8 users are following.

jenna34385★2

Hi, I'm not even sure of this is the right place to post this but I need help and advice.

Last week I was doing my monthly check of my boobs and felt a small size lump on my left breast on the side just where my bra would sit.. it not solid but not soft and it does seem to move. I'm booked in tomorrow to see my doctor. What I'm asking how many people have had lumps that have turned out to be nothing. Because I am absolutely petrified any helpnwpuld be much appreciated, my anxiety is through the roof xx

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

yes! i have and it was nothing infact most lumps are nothing. wish i had known that my anxiety almost killed me waiting to see the doctor i had a ultra sound they were not worried but had me cone back a month later and that doctor did a biopsy to be safe but told me 90% of those come back fine and that was the what happend to me im fine and i have had 2 friends same thing. do not worry!

• Posted

I had one many years ago when I still had

It went away after a month or so.

I was in my mid 40's then and now I'm 75 so I guess it was nothing after all.

Good luck tomorrow.

• Posted

Sorry I omitted some words...."When I still had my period."

• Posted

Yes. Twice. Both times I had to get mammograms and an ultrasound. I figured out the lumps were caused by my birth control so I went off of them and they resolved.

• Posted

yes! had to repeat a mammo because they saw something it was a cyst thank godyou are going to be just fine ❤

• Posted

I just came through this. Recently i had two areas biopsied and both were benign. MAny years ago i had two lumps removed. ALSO, benign. couple of years ago found a lump. It was fluid filled . Very thankful each time it is benign!

• Posted

hi, Hope it all goes ok, youll know tomorrow as all breast clinics test and diagnose whatever it is on the day which is good. It could be a shotty lymph node caused by a skin rash, arthritis in your arm or even your bra rubbing. Sometimes they dont go back to their normal size just stay that way. I have a couple like it. I have had cysts checked out three times and also glandular tissue which still has a lump which was all fine. This doesnt take your worry away but at least you know that it can be quite a few things, instead of the reason you are thinking of. x

• Posted

Hi, thank you for you words.. I've seen my doctors who said it feels more gristly than some thing sinister, however she's sending me for an ultrasound on the 21st just to put my mind at ease. She checked both breasts and under my arms all is how it should be apart from the lump definitely feel calmer now xx

• Posted

Good, try not to worry too much and at least its being checked out before christmas x

• Posted

Yep, I had a pea size lump on my breast back in my teens (I'm 28 now). Went to the Dr, they said it was just a cyst. It was there for a year or so, eventually just disappeared.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.