Lump in the throat

Posted , 18 users are following.

Hi I'm new. Really suffering with health anxiety at the moment. Started citaLOPRam just under two weeks ago. I have a lump in my throat. It does come and go but feels like phlegm and a can hack some up sometimes. Is this the same as anyone else sad

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Bramble, I get the feeling too. Does it feel like a pill stuck in the back of your throat? Mine was acid reflux hopefully yours is too.
    • Posted

Yeah it sort of does but I feel like I should be able to hack it up but can't. I'm starting to freak out about it cry
    • Posted

I felt like if I kept drinking that it would go down. Don't freak out. Hang in there until Monday and then call the doctor. I know it stinks when you have something going on but hang in there for the weekend.
    • Posted

It's a common anx symptom, it can be heartburn but it's very common with anx
    • Posted

It's a totally harmless and well known anxiety symptom, I have it often- the more u focus on it, the worse it'll be - not easy to ignore I know,but it's nothin to worry about 
  • Posted

I have this too and it gets worse the more you worry about it. Sometimes it starts to feel as if your airway is blocked which can further increase anxiety! It's a vicious circle but hang in there and know you are not alone. x
    • Posted

Mine is at the top of my throat by my tonsils almost at the entrance of the back of my nose. Does that sound the same x
  • Posted

Yes it sounds very similar. x

• Posted

I know what you mean, sometimes I feel I can't swallow properly. But when I get pain or feelings or discomfort, is it really there? Because it's real to me, my partner works nights and when gets not here I am worst. I feel that I can't keep going to the doctors. I will only see one, in the practice, I feel like I'm wasting his time, or he will cart me off to hospital, they will find one thing bad and I am going to die. So many people I know, some well and some aqaintances are ill with cancer, my mum died at 55 with cancer, I am 58 and feel it must be my turn because all these people have got something, I will be next. Then sometimes I am ok and don't worry as much, it's raking over, help.
  • Posted

It's a very odd sensation but try not to let your anxiety win! It will make the lump. Take nice deep breaths and try to relax. It will pass! X
  • Posted

You will gradually lose this feeling, it feels bad but will definitely pass as its just the worry causing it, nothing else. I've had it before and got over it. Tell yourself thats its felt like this before and passed!

ps could anyone check out my discussion please 

• Posted

Dont worry this can come from anxiety post nasale drip from allergies drinking to much and food can get caught in the throat vocal cords can be come inflamed my doctor told me it was nothing any thing that comes and goes is really nothing to worry about and i forgot acid reflux and throat cancer is relitvly rare
  • Posted

Hey there.....I've had the same thing when I was on lexapro. It bugged me for a long time, until I got it checked. (They stuck a tube down my throat) and it was acid reflux. I got a prescription for it and I was ok in couple of days.

my advise is to stay away from foods that cause acid for a while (tomatoes for ex), and if it goes away, it's anxiety...if not, get it checked.Trust me, there is nothing serious, either anxiety or acid reflux..

best of luck....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.