Lump in the throat

Posted , 18 users are following.

Hi I'm new. Really suffering with health anxiety at the moment. Started citaLOPRam just under two weeks ago. I have a lump in my throat. It does come and go but feels like phlegm and a can hack some up sometimes. Is this the same as anyone else sad

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Im thinking its your lymphatic system is slowing down the thoratic duct runs right next to your throat which pulls lymph fluid upward from stomache area through your head back and legs sinus problems can cause this medication.
  • Posted

Hi Brambles39 i have been feeling the same feeling for about three weeks now and am confused because i am not sure as to waht to do. I have been feeling this lump at my throat and this tension in my neck and often worries alot. 

• Posted

it does tend to lessen when the general anxiety lessens, but can seem torturous and last a very long time as long as the anxiety lasts. the hard part is that the feeling on its own is enough to keep the anxiety going. Its a hard thing to deal with
  • Posted

I have the same thing at the moment, it will pass, stay away from fatty and spicy foods and caffine, I've had it a few times and with me it usally passes in a few days, its bloody annoying and uncomfortalbe but thats about it 
  • Posted

I've just got the same demon the past 2 days now, and no clearance yet'

Try tiger balm or a heat patch made with chilli (can get them at asian grocers)

Drink teas (any hot tea) gotu kola and ginger tea is good' also use black pepper if you can enjoy it within foods.

Throat lump ( THIS CONDITION IS KILLING ME ) pharmaceutical drugs are not  the answer or remedy yet!!!

• Posted

After years and YEARS of getting this sensation, I can tell you what I

believe it is.  It's just plain old MUCOUS. I will ask each one of you a

question and be as accurate and honest as you can.  HOW MUCH WATER DO YOU DRINK A DAY.  It is very possible this will help us all

a whole lot. Not iced water, not super hot either.  Water breaks up

mucous and I am almost positive the stuck feeling (pill feeling) is

mucous. I quit dairy, thought I never would, it helped alot. I always need

to drink more clean pure water, even for anxiety. WATER. It helps me.

• Posted

I just had to write this.the lump in throat could be acid reflux. If so you can get spasm of the asophagus. one thing that can cause that is gas. and that can cause the spasm.i used to take domperidome or mortilium something like that. good for sickness and you guessed it wind.dont have too much. as it gives you alot. it will ease the throat. i also took landsoprasol as well for acid reflux guidance only this
  • Posted

Brambles,

I get this when I am upset or sometimes when I am very anxious. It is just as you describe...a phlegm like lump that comes and goes.

Try not to let it frighten you...it is anxiety and nothing more. you will be okay.

• Posted

I have major anxiety right now but also acid reflux is it ok to take a prilosec or zantac on top of hydroxyzine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.