lump in throat

Posted , 9 users are following.

anyone else experience the feeling of a lump in your throat

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Vicky,

Yes I have had this before. Mine was due to being worried ( and the stress that comes along with that). If you have had it for a long period of time should probably have a check up with your doctor just to make sure There is no underlying issue. Hope this is helpful!

• Posted

thanks Kellie that's reassuring. I've only has it 2 days and had it before. it comes and goes and now that I think about it it is usually when my health anxiety has kicked in or when stressed. x

• Posted

Glad to hear this has eased your mind. My mom used to get it all the time.  It is also accompanied by slight difficulty in swallowing food. 
  • Posted

It's globulus brought on by anxiety we experience when our hormone level go down.

I had it so bad and visited my gp so many times he sent me for the camera.

All was fine and the expert explained the same as my gp.

The consultant said loads of women going through menopause experience this because of their anxiety levels. I have to say after being given the all clear I never felt it again.

• Posted

Hello Vicky yes i wrote about this a few months ago. I feel tightness and lump feeling in my throat. I have been feeling like this for a year already. When it first happened i was given antibiotics even though no infection showed. I have tried many things to get rid of it. I stopped eating spicy food got on a bland diet and also thought maybe the post nasal drip was hurting my throat. Nothing has helped. Its weird that you wrote about this today and i was sitting at docs office reading it waiting for my results for a throat xray that was taken last week. Nothing bad showed on xrays. So doc and i talked and came to conclusion that it could be anxiety due to menopause. I was prescribed Flouxetine 10 mg. I am going to try that for 3 weeks see if that helps my lump throat feeling. I am praying it does because i get stressed out thinking its something worse. I hope you start feeling better. smile
  • Posted

I think you could be suffering from globus. It's brought on by stress and anxiety. I've suffered this on and off but it's nothing to worry about. Just have a check up with your GP for peace of mind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.