Lump In Throat Maybe?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So from all the research I’ve done it seems like people would call this acid reflux (which I never feel acid) so silent reflux, but it’s a slight ache feeling on one side of my throat that I’ve had for like 4 months and it used to be way worse but over time it has healed I suppose. Anyways, it’s still there never when I wake up usually if I eat it’ll pop up about a half hour after. Doesn’t matter what I eat that day it’s coming up, don’t know if it’s a muscle spasm, lpr, it’s not in my head cus when I’m not thinking about it’ll show up, I’m super over it tho and have read a ton of forums like this with different people with exact symptoms but never coming back to their forum. Also I can eat and go to bed no problem I don’t have to wait hours, I’m thinking it’s a recovering burn in my throat that I just keep making worse when I eat acidic foods idk.. anybody? Oh and also I’m trying anti histamines for post nasal just Incase and lots of remedies Incase it’s spasm of the throat due to acid. Thanks 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Some of the things you are saying match what I had. My voice was constantly gruff/horse. Laying down didn't affect it and I never noticed acid in my throat. Here's the thing, I've, by doing tons if research, realised that my 'acid reflux' is actually caused by my imune system being overactive. This, in my case, I believe is caused by a leaky gut, bacteria can get through from the digestive system into the bloodstream. The bacteria basically goes nuts when you eat. The solution for me has been to eat loads if indigestible fibre (raw vegetables), cut out all foods which are high in carbohydrates (all grains, any sugar,so no bread or cakes), no caffeine (tea or coffee), and to take vitamin D, zinc and cod liver oil. I am completely cured now but I have to remain on this diet. I started like you with just a minor throat piroblem but it had got much worse over the years. The thing that makes it difficult to manage with diet is changing your diet doesn't have instant effects you have to Change your gut bacteria and this takes many months. Good luck

• Posted

Acidics make the symptoms worse because they attack any sore areas but I don't think they affect the underlying condition, some evidence that some might help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.