Lump on right side, just below ribcage

Posted , 4 users are following.

Wondering if I should get a lump checked out, I can't always feel it but when I sit /lay in certain positions it's more prominent. It's on my lower right side, below my ribcage, it's a little firm but tender to the touch . It starts to hurt a little bit after I do touch it. I don't think it's always been there as I just noticed it about a month or 2 ago, shrugged it off but I saw it again earlier today and want opinions?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

any new lump should be checked out. mostly it's likely nothing, but always see a doctor just in case

• Posted

Hey Lucy 😃

Anything out of the ordinary like that should be checked by a doctor, yes. That is prudent and wise. But rest easy, the vast majority of "lumps" are relatively harmless. Nonetheless, a doctor should make that determination. So relax, get an appointment, and be well!

Take care and keep us updated! 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.