lumpiness

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi all, 14 days post subtotal abdominal hysterectomy and feel great, back to normal walking speed, barely any pain, cut area just feels tight as if i were wearing a belt thats pulled in.  My question is that i can feel a sort of lumpiness building up under the scar, its not massive and friends who have had similar op have said its the healing inside ie scar tissue forming and is a good thing but because this area is still numb for me i wouldn't feel if this was hurting and was wondering if anyone else has this lumpiness or should i visit gp about it??

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi. 

Yes I had lumpiness but it's getting better. I am 4 weeks TAH. 

It used to scare me when I was patting it dry as it felt so bad but it's definitely getting softer. 

Lee.x

• Posted

Hi neverstaysstill. What's your secret? I will be 7 days post op tomorrow (Fah) and feeling not too bad, quite sore, and pain every now and then but would like to know what you did? Did you start walking straight away or did you stay in bed all the time

Thanks

Thanks

• Posted

I was up and walking about the day after the op, slow but steady, came home 3 days after op and was still slow but i would say in last 4 days all the energy has come back which has propmted me to walk a bit quicker and further etc.  I wake up at 7am get hubby up and make him a drink and get his breakfast ready for him (ony cereal so not a chore), i make myself a cuppa and then go back to bed for a couple of hours and read or watch tv etc then get up about 11am get showered and dressed and make up and perfume on etc (just in case anyone visits lol) and then i do little jobs around the house and walk etc.
    • Posted

Your doing very well I'm 2 week post op tommorow but have an infection in incision and I'm on antibiotics. I'm still walking pretty slow and feel heaviness, I also need lots of sleep but try and do few light housework jobs in between and cooked dinner last night x
    • Posted

Sorry to hear you have an infection, hopefully once thats all sorted you will start feeling much better. I think i am recovering well because i wasn't ill before having the op as tablets were controlling all my issues and i was still training up to a couple of days before. I forgot i had had this op today and picked up one of my cats (the biggest heaviest one as well lol) and boy did i feel it but then still held him in my arms for a while and gave him a cuddle, stupid or what....

Fingers crossed for you healing.

• Posted

Day 4 of antibiotics looks a bit better yes it's definitely slowed down my recovery I'm 2 weeks post op today and shuffling about like week 1 due to this stupid infection x
    • Posted

your still in early days yet - you will soon pick up again be back on track 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.